The bot for SSS?

• redvel
      redvel
      Bronze
      It's the topic I'm thinking for a few days already.

If you're that positive about SSS, why don't you create the bot? I know it's against ToS, but... :-)

Now let's say you earn 1BB/100 at NL100.

The bot can easily play 50 tables at once (you can put him on multiple PCs if needed), each one being dealt at least 50 hands an hour. That's $25/Hour for no work. This can be done for some 20 hours a day (suppose we need to do some maintenance time after time so it won't run purely 24/7), 30 days a month and here we have $180K yearly income!

Technically speaking I could write the bot on my own (in three days maybe). It would perfectly follow all the rules according to any SSS you can offer as the best one. No poker room would detect it as a bot of course if you don't make it public.

So my conclusion now is:

Either

a) Someone has made the bot for himself.

Or

b) The SSS isn't working when you mechanically follow it with no decisions being made by a human on-the-fly.

What do you think?
  • 11 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I think it would work on lower limits only. Basic SSS is not really profitable at NL100 as far as I know.

I think that this thread might as well be merged with the one about the SSS ruining poker and I don't think you should even cosider doing this.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I couldn't even make a profit on nl50 with pure-basic sss (variance maybe) , I think making a bot is possible and even possible to adjust reraising ranges and stuff more advanced but there are other ways to steal money for a living.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Don't the rooms all check for this sort of thing?

I'm pretty sure if you play exactly the same way on a large number of tables for long periods of time you'll find your account suspended while they investigate whether you've installed a bot. Hence you don't have tables full of them at every room you play.

Of course I could well be wrong, just my two cents anyway!
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Oh god, I had been wondering about this for a long time, since I realized SSS is playing like a robot (at least basic strategy). I study computer engineering (I'm just starting, so I can't actually make the bot), but I think its theoretically possible and could be profitable.

Following basic strategy yeah you won't win at NL100, but I think you would at lower limits. Anyway, since all strategys are algorithmic, and there is always a best play I think its also theoretically possible to do a more complex algorithm than performs well on NL100.

I've had experience with bots in another game (as an user), and it was a serious bussiness, people had good earnings, and every big store on the game had one or more bot. BUT, this practice was allowed by the game so everything was perfectly legal and it was just another work for an engineer.

I'm pretty sure if you play exactly the same way on a large number of tables for long periods of time you'll find your account suspended while they investigate whether you've installed a bot. Hence you don't have tables full of them at every room you play.

I dont think they could actually detect you this way. They can probably detect if you are using a bot (I wonder how actually...) but no way they can assure you are using one just by judging your style of play. If it was like this then all SSSers would be acused since at least the basic strategy is exactly that: "playing exactly the same way on a large number of tables for long periods of time"

I think that this thread might as well be merged with the one about the SSS ruining poker and I don't think you should even cosider doing this.

I think it won't ruin poker. Just think of it as a PokerStrategist who plays 20 hours a day, 7 days a week and in many tables. He won't ruin poker by himself :P . Ofc the one who creates the bot won't be dumb and never would make it public, which leads me to:

a) Someone has made the bot for himself.

Why not? I think its perfectly possible, its just not public.

redvel: I'd like to talk with you more about this.. god I hope this forum had private msg to give u my email...
    • tytyty2121
      tytyty2121
      Bronze
      Forget about it.

Poker rooms can easily detect bots based on the activity of your account.

Do you know anyone who can possibly multitable 20h/day 7days/week? Me neither.
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      on stars if they think you are a bot (ie playing same way all the time ) the chat box gets a message asking you to reply in a certain amount of time if not you get suspended. it happened to 2 people iknow in the same game.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      I think it would work on lower limits only. Basic SSS is not really profitable at NL100 as far as I know.
      It is :D
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StusMagic
      Originally posted by LuborC
      It is :D
      Good for you!! :D
    • erptech
      erptech
      Gold
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      there are other ways to steal money for a living.

:D
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I got kicked from FTP under the accusation of using a BOT. I never did really, and I believe if you do use a BOT they will get you easily, especailly if you play on a huge number of tables.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Poker sites have ways to detect such things.
      Those little clients can send information about the system processes and open windows.If a pattern is detected, an investigation will occur, and some visual recognition will be demanded.After that, the account is suspended.
      ------------
      Other than that, making a bot is perfeclty +ev. :D

[b]MY 777th post IM SOO HAPPY[/b]