Aggression Factor

• redvel
      redvel
      Bronze
      I know there may not be a single rule written on stone, but just as a reference, what does the AF practically mean? (I know the theory).

E.g.

AF: 0.3. Calling station? I should almost 100% fold his raise, right?

AF: 1. Now what? He often bets/calls? No check raises, no 3-bet? His bet/call indicates a monster?

AF: 3. Bluff at him? I.e. if he either raises, or folds most of the time, so c-bet should be very effective against this kind of players, correct?

AF: 5+. Let them stack themselves? He will almost never call, so it's either he bets to build your pot, or not. You won't make him call and your bet will only scare him away from your flopped set, so you check/call?

Please write your interpretations of various AF if you can here. Would be nice to hear more on this.
  • 3 replies
    • poupou
      poupou
      Bronze
      You shouldn't use AF alone at all, and if you have big enough sample size
      on villain, you should check the street by street aggression.

Anyways, there's a really good post about it [here]

edit: I don't know if that's advertising, but didn't mean it that way. If it is, some mod could be kind and just delete the post
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Just going by AF alone it is often impossible to tell the difference between a nut-peddler and a maniac.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I agree with the others. You need more stats to make decision then Af only. And furthermore the board structure and game flow might indicate certain actions. Post hands where you are unsure and post given stats as well.