My database disappeard!!!

  • 8 replies
    • anduke
      anduke
      Silver
      Joined: 26.11.2007 Posts: 332
      Same here. Would like to know if it could be recovered or i need to import all the hands again? :(

      So i created a new random database and then you can select your old databases too. Thank god :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.12.2007 Posts: 1,347
      Originally posted by anduke
      Same here. Would like to know if it could be recovered or i need to import all the hands again? :(

      So i created a new random database and then you can select your old databases too. Thank god :)
      It's still shitty for me since I forgot my password, again :baby:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      It's still shitty for me since I forgot my password, again :baby:
      like 3rd time in row?? :D

      If you did not change the default PT3 installer password for PostgreSQL then it is 'dbpass' (no quotes).

      If 'dbpass' does not work or you do not remember the password that you created, you can configure PostgreSQL to not require a password:

      How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password
    • Elmalcriado
      Elmalcriado
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.12.2008 Posts: 2
      go to control panel /administration tool/services
      shut down postgrsql and start it again. then it should work.
      your database is not gone only that the services is out of order.
      I had exactly the same problem and the same message.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.12.2007 Posts: 1,347
      Originally posted by Elmalcriado
      go to control panel /administration tool/services
      shut down postgrsql and start it again. then it should work.
      your database is not gone only that the services is out of order.
      I had exactly the same problem and the same message.
      Actually I followed Opals advice and then it just started updating the database, not making a new one... It's been going on for a couple of hours now, I have to wait to see what happens. But I'm definitely buying PT3 in the near future, becouse, frankly, I have enough of this crap :evil:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      I semi-write down my passwords in a notebook, like if the pass is:

      holyCRAP1234

      I write down:

      xxxxXXXXxx34

      just to help me remember it...

      hope this helps.

      btw I have like 30 passwords in that notebook now.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      Dippy: good luck with PT3! But it's not working so well how you hope... at least the newest update :rolleyes:

      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I semi-write down my passwords in a notebook, like if the pass is:

      holyCRAP1234

      I write down:

      xxxxXXXXxx34

      just to help me remember it...

      hope this helps.

      btw I have like 30 passwords in that notebook now.
      Did you get email from PokerStrategy on 23/01? Did you read it? ;)

      I think it's no problem if I quote it here once again:

      3. Choosing a password

      There are several useful tools that can assist you with choosing a secure password. We can recommend the following tools that will generate a secure password for you:

      RoboForm - http://www.roboform.com/
      KeePass - http://keepass.info/

      Why does such a program help you?

      Your password will never be visible in plain text anywhere, nor will it be saved as such. You should also avoid this any time on your computer. If you have received a password in a unsecured e-mail, then you should change it immediately. If you have your password stored in a text file anywhere on your computer, you should delete it immediately and change your password, no matter how well hidden the document is.

      People that can't remember many different passwords can find it useful to use a program called Password Safe. This safe will store all your passwords encrypted and can only be accessed by unlocking the safe with a master password. After unlocking the safe you can safely copy paste the encrypted passwords to poker rooms.

      None of the passwords in the safe will be stored on your computer in plain text. Using this safe you can work with multiple different passwords without having to remember them all.

      You should always run Password Safe on a secure system. If your Password Safe becomes infected, it doesn't provide you any security.

      There is always the theoretical change to decrypt the password. However this is, when you use a safe password, nearly impossible and it would be way too much work for any hacker to even try.

      I know "xxxxXXXXxx34" can look very sophisticated, but it's much easier to crack it, as I would know how many characters, it ends with '34', there're capital letters in the middle, etc. (you would save me 70-80% of the time at least)..
      trust me: I know what I'm talking about ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 4,383
      Originally posted by opal99
      Dippy: good luck with PT3! But it's not working so well how you hope... at least the newest update :rolleyes:

      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I semi-write down my passwords in a notebook, like if the pass is:

      holyCRAP1234

      I write down:

      xxxxXXXXxx34

      just to help me remember it...

      hope this helps.

      btw I have like 30 passwords in that notebook now.
      Did you get email from PokerStrategy on 23/01? Did you read it? ;)

      I think it's no problem if I quote it here once again:

      3. Choosing a password

      There are several useful tools that can assist you with choosing a secure password. We can recommend the following tools that will generate a secure password for you:

      RoboForm - http://www.roboform.com/
      KeePass - http://keepass.info/

      Why does such a program help you?

      Your password will never be visible in plain text anywhere, nor will it be saved as such. You should also avoid this any time on your computer. If you have received a password in a unsecured e-mail, then you should change it immediately. If you have your password stored in a text file anywhere on your computer, you should delete it immediately and change your password, no matter how well hidden the document is.

      People that can't remember many different passwords can find it useful to use a program called Password Safe. This safe will store all your passwords encrypted and can only be accessed by unlocking the safe with a master password. After unlocking the safe you can safely copy paste the encrypted passwords to poker rooms.

      None of the passwords in the safe will be stored on your computer in plain text. Using this safe you can work with multiple different passwords without having to remember them all.

      You should always run Password Safe on a secure system. If your Password Safe becomes infected, it doesn't provide you any security.

      There is always the theoretical change to decrypt the password. However this is, when you use a safe password, nearly impossible and it would be way too much work for any hacker to even try.

      I know "xxxxXXXXxx34" can look very sophisticated, but it's much easier to crack it, as I would know how many characters, it ends with '34', there're capital letters in the middle, etc. (you would save me 70-80% of the time at least)..
      trust me: I know what I'm talking about ;)
      Yea but the risk of someone interested in cracking my password actually reading and cracking it(they prob dont understand what they are reading and the ones that do, have no idea how to crack) is very low compared to the risk of me getting pissed when I forget the pass.

      I see your point but I just couldnt trust a software to look after my passwords either =S