sss - leaving tables

• mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      according to sss you leave a table when you reach 25 % profit or more

let's say a table is sharp but somehow you don't want to close it yet (you didn't have to rebuy chips yet, you didn't make enough profit, you have lots of stats about the players or maybe some big fish that usually makes your day etc.)
      how many hands / how much time you stay at one of these tables ?
  • 4 replies
    • xarry2
      xarry2
      Bronze
      In general the 25BB rule is reasoned. playing SSS is so easy since you're stack is pretty small. This simply results in mostly easy desicions. The bigger your stack gets the more you will have to think about your play. Top Pair is an easy all-in with just a potsize stack left. But the more money you have left in your stack the better your hands have to be in order to go broke profitably.
      But: SSS does not stop to be profitable with 25BB. But its getting a bit more difficult. This means: you can definetely stay up to 27/28BB if the table is decent, if there's a fish ect - as long as you always consider the stacksizes involved.

with a bigger stack you have to:

- call reraises/push vs reraises more carefully (consider raise to stack ratio or pot odds)
      - be able to give up marginal hands postflop. e.g. if your cbet with middlepair gets raised you sometimes have to give up ect. again calculating the pot odds in this spot gives you the answer whats wrong or right.

With more than 30BB however I would definetely stop playing SSS. This no longer has the benefits of a small stack nor does it have those of playing BSS.

xarry
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      great. thanks for the help xarry ;)
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      just dont do what i did 2 days ago. started with $1 won 2 allins got up $4 didnt click sit out or leave table, thought one last hand????? cards dealt K 10 board of K789 there was an allin so i thought great another double up called, 2on river and BOOOOM he had KJ that one last hand X( X(
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      And how did you manage to see the flop w/ KT?