$6,35
      MP3:
      $12,00
      CO:
      $11,55
      BU:
      $2,20

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:club: , 8:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO raises to $0,20, BU calls $0,20, SB calls $0,15, Hero calls $0,10, UTG1 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10.

Flop: ($1,20) 8:heart: , 3:heart: , 7:club: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,80 (All-In), UTG1 calls $1,80, 4 folds.

Turn: ($4,80) T:spade:
      River: ($4,80) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,80

Ok, I guess I should have actually pushed preflop acording to the rules, but I didn't feel like spending that much on a low pair, I rather call the small raise and see a cheap flop. Am I right?

And well, with that flop was my push ok as a protection bet? Or anyway any flushdraw probably wouldn't have folded (its nl10), and a prot. bet doesnt make sense and I just should have beted 2/3 of the pot as a value bet??
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I think you should push pre-flop. You won't get so many opponents who can hit a huge variety of draws and pairs on flop and your pocket 8s will have good pre-flop equity against most callers.

So, this protection bet you mentioned should have been pre-flop, not on flop imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      I think you should push pre-flop. You won't get so many opponents who can hit a huge variety of draws and pairs on flop and your pocket 8s will have good pre-flop equity against most callers.

So, this protection bet you mentioned should have been pre-flop, not on flop imo.
      By pushing you get either this:
      1) Everyone folds and you pickup the dead money and that's what you mostly want with Pocket Eights
      2) 1 opponent calls you and you flip against him in +EV mode or own him with his pocket fives or something or A5o
      3) More opponent trap or nag you w/e but this happens <10% so you shouldnt be worried about Scenario 3.

So that's why I push here instead of checking it, you lose opportunity here :)

Best regards,
      Gerv