He who dares, wins!

• StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      Hello reader and welcome to my blog! :f_drink:

INTRODUCTION

I am 25 years old student from Croatia. I'm on my final year of University of business and economics just few exams away from my diploma and I really hope I'll get it by the end of this academic year. Besides that, I'm working as a student (part time job) at local bookies. I love my part time job due to the fact that I really love sports and its a decent financial injection to my skinny student wallet. And with all this I play poker. I dont know why but ever since I was a little kid I was fascinated by cards. The first card game that I've learned was Šnaps (Shnaps), a local card game and I've learned with when I was 5. Only year later I've learned poker. Really, the very first time I've ever played poker was when I was 6 years old. It was a classic 5 card draw game. There is a funny story behind this. I was playing poker with my friend (who was 7 at the time and he thought me to play the game) and we were using wodden sticks as chips. Couple of days later, I was walking with my father and I was telling him the story 'bout how we play poker. And I've said to him that I was thinking of getting some change (real monetary unit) so that we have actual chips to play with. The old man was so pissed off! I remember his words even today as he was saying to me that its a gambling card game and that we should stop playing it! I remember feeling so ashamed and not even knowing why? I really didn't know what wrong did I do... Naive and innocent kid and, I guess, naive father lol... True story!

ME & POKER

I've started playing poker when I was 17. At that time Texas Hold'em was very popular. The first games I've ever played was organised by our local pub bar holder. Even to this day we play every monday. I've realized very quickly that I'm good, often even great and that I'm crushing them without too much truble! I was simply better then they are. Some people are at the very sane skill level as they were 8 - 9 years ago. Couple of years later we've organised and opened a local club (members only) just to play cards, mainly poker. This games are very soft and easy. How ever, three years ago I've lost my compass. I've started to drink while playing and it really effect my game and overall win. I've started to lose money. Luckily I've realized that's not working so I just stopped drinking while playing and things are under control. I'm still quite regular player at our local games and still make a decent buck or two.

POKER ONLINE

I've started playing online two years ago and I'm playing 6max cash games. Since then I've busted out once and mainly 'cos I was withdrawing too much money and my BR couldn't handle it. I have to be fair, I'm still withdrawing too much money and my BR is waaay to thin. I need the money to repay the loan for the car that I've bought (most of the money were from poker and some savings when, but the rest of it was pure credit ). I still have some loans to repay and that's my main goal within a couple of months - to pay back all loaned money!

Anyhow I'm currently playing at NL5 and I'm having really bad time atm. Month started great but, somehow I've completly lost it. Actually Its not somehow, I know where it went wrong. For one reason or another I went to complete autopilot. Besides that, I over pushed my multi tabelling - From 10 tables I've moved to 12-13 tables and It's just waay too much for me. Then there is this other thing - financial pressure. My current financial situation is not great and I'm really trying to work it out. And then when I get sucked out by some brainless fish 77/39 couple of times in a row in a short period of time - I tend to lose it. Auto pilot + mild tilt = bad result.

My overall results this year

This is my 2016 year

This is my lovely December so far...

What is this blog about?

This blog will be mainly about my online poker. It's the way to keep me accountable for my gameplay. Besides that I hope I'll be writing down off some frustrations, maybe posting some hands for quick analysis and so on. We'll see as the times goes on. Anyhow this is my first ever blog, so please keep that in mind while reading all this :)

GOALS & VISIONS

I've read the great article from one of Pstrategy members and it inspired me. I mean, a lot! This is the main reason I'm starting this blog. Mainly, I want to become a better person. I don't want to get under huge influence of my poker, and by that I mean that my successes / failures does not influence my everyday state of mind and emotions. I want to be a helpful ever-smiling person that I am when times are good and when times are bad. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I'll need some help with it!

Goals are:
      1) Repay my current loan in couple of months
      2) Get to 8-9 bb/100 hands on NL 5 in next month
      3) Create my weekly schedules
      4) Weekly reports on my gameplay
      5) Excercise & meditate twice a week! (I'm not fat, but I've totally lost my fitness)

I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Thanks and I'll keep you guys updated once a week!

Cheers! :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:
  • 10 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello StruxXx,

Schnitzelfisch productivity lessons are true eye opening and I think you have produced a really good vision statement :f_thumbsup: Also very impressive results so far :f_drink:
      Have you seen Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!
      I look forward to reading future posts and wish you luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      WEEK 1

I've put tons of volume, but the result overall is pretty bad. It's like there were two players playing in this week. In first part of the week I've managed to compose myself and I was fully motivated. I was really enjoying looking at my bankroll rise and my graph looked fabulous! And then... I've lost motivation... I've just sat down on my pc and played really really bad. Yet again I've managed to lose my grip.

Its interesting how this game could make you feel so proud in one period of the week and so disgusted in the other! Couple of suckouts + spew + bad play = this graph!

The good part of this is that I've recovered mentally. I've gained back my motivation and I'm looking forward to play & learn! I don't know why is this so, but my motivation rises as I hit rock bottoms! I really need to work on my character. Me myself is the only reason why I'm still struggling in NL5 and in some other parts of my life that I wish to change!

Anyhow, besides poker, I'm glad that I've kept to my schedule 'bout my meditation and workouts. My muscles hurts and I'm feeling happy about it! I'm trying to read "The mental game of poker" but with my university obligations and my part time student job its really hard to find a free time.

Overall result
      $6,79 + $18 RB
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How it’s going last week? I missed an update of you.

Further I wish you all the best to improve your bankroll and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      How it’s going last week? I missed an update of you.

Further I wish you all the best to improve your bankroll and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      I've missed my weekly schedule update and I'll update it later this evening (I'm at work atm).

Anyhow last week and a half I didn't have time to play. I had couple of exams on my university so I took some time off to study. Besides that, its Christmas time so I've had spent a lot of my free time in preparations for it :)

Regarding my poker - Since I didn't have much time to play I've decided to take some time to study 'bout the game. Mostly 'bout my mental game. I'm still reading "The mental game of Poker" by J. Tendler and it really helps me. I mean alot!

I've played around 8k hands and you'll see what I'm talking about when the graph comes out later on this day.

Cheers for reminding me & Marry Christmas!
      :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      WEEK 2

I'll call this update a "Week 2", although it's more like week and a half.

I've decided to stay positive during this whole period. My main focus was my mental approach to the game. I'm pleased to say that even though I've had one of the most unluckiest weeks ever in my online poker, I stayed focused to my game and my mental state stood positive all the way.

This is the graph

Too bad that at the end of my session yesterday I've had two big coolers against the same guy :f_eek:

:f_drink: :f_drink:
    • luckyunicorn
      luckyunicorn
      Basic
      Wow! very interesting information, thanks a lot! :f_thumbsup:
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      Originally posted by luckyunicorn
      Wow! very interesting information, thanks a lot! :f_thumbsup:

Not sure which part, but I'm glad it helped you! :f_drink:
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      WEEK 3

Great week! I'm happy with my game and overall result!

I've created a little ritual - everytime I'm about to start a session I try to clear my mind, motivate myself (rewinding all my goals) and spend 10-15 min analyse session before.

I'm happy with the result and overall volume!

Happy New year, may all your goals and wishes come true! :)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hopefully 2017 started well for you and the best wishes for this year :gl:
    • StruxXx
      StruxXx
      Platinum
      WEEK 4

It was a decent week. I've had a lot of free time so I've put up some decent volume. I'm happy with overall result.

https://i.imgsafe.org/4cdcb341cc.png