This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Unluck?

• vossenman
      vossenman
      Bronze
      Well, I played cashgame live at my friend's house yesterday and I have only 1 question to ask... If i did the right thing. I did a bad call with 8-3 (not suited) but the flop showed 3-3-10, I had three of a kind!
      One of them raise, the other one folded and I just called (because noone thinks I'll call with 8-3 am i right?) Turn = A My friend is raising a lot. I call.
      River = K he goes all in.... I call after minutes of thinking. He shows me K-K.

Was that just unluck or bad play?
  • 2 replies
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      its a bad play.

If the flop comes 3-3-10, you should bet your hand for value.

If your friend bets and you flat call, he should know your not a a draw with a board like this. So either you have 3-3-3, a pair of ten or a pocket pair, maybe 2 overcard but still.

On the other side, theres no way a rookie player is folding KK on a 3-3-10 flop. The money was going in anyhow.

But the play was bad, You want to reraise to protect your hand and know where you are at.
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      oh yeah, Don't play 83o