Ventrilo

• ilikepie
      ilikepie
      Silver
      Do pokerrooms have some powers to detect communication between players on same table (liek SnG)? Imagine a tournament where 2 guys tell each other cards right from the start... it helps your % calculations a lot and u fold if u have worse hand easy. I think this is serious issue of poker if this can be done.
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi

Some Platforms indeed scan processes and sometimes they can confiscate your winning funds if they found strange plays according to your holecards and if they see something as ventrilo.exe or teamspeakrc2.exe active at both players processes ;)

Best regards
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hi ilikepie;

It can be done...
      e.g. PokerStars monitor all active processes but you can use Skype (or anything through virtual machines) while playing without any worries.

The problem can occur when someone report you with suspicion of coluding... Their security department will block yours and your friend's account for a while, check all your played hands & sessions and if they find something suspicious, they will close your accounts. You can be sure, they will find it ;)

It's not worth risk imo..

edit: ok Gerv is faster, but my response is worth a bit too.. ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      edit: ok Gerv is faster, but my response is worth a bit too.. ;)
      Ofcourse
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      e.g. PokerStars monitor all active processes
      Sounds a bit disturbing though :rolleyes:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      # What steps are you going to take to prevent players from using prohibited tools and services?

# We are going to look to see if any of those tools and services is running on a player's computer. If we find one of the prohibited tools and services, we will alert the player that he is running a prohibited tool or service and tell him what it is. We will ask that he stop running the tool or service immediately. If he complies, fine. If not, then we will prevent the PokerStars client from running on his computer.

# Are you going to look for anything else on players' computers?

# Absolutely not. Our sole interest is in protecting our players and our site from tools and services that we believe are bad for the integrity and fairness of our games.

It's up to you if you believe the second answer...
    • jack12344
      jack12344
      Global
      I am always on ventrilo talking with my friends who also play poker lol ... sometimes we even play together at the same table ... but never cheat lol.

If someone would like to cheat then he would probably use another computer to do something like this ? or even real phone ?