1$ sit n go vs 2$ sit ngo - huge difference??

• i1nt2b3
      i1nt2b3
      Bronze
      I played 1$ 10ppl sit'ngoes and now moved up to 2$ sit'ngoes (ipoker)
      I am imagining this or the players have such a huge skill diference in those two levels. I do pretty well in 1$ sitngo, but as soon as i moved up - i can't make any profit anymore - bad beats on bubble, get rivered all the time, come 3d, 4th.
      I play a 1$ sitngo - no problem there. I get the feeling, the program thinks, i don't desreve to go up the level yet or smthng. As experiments, i started 6 sit n'gos at the same time, 3 1$ tourneys and 3 2$ tourneys. Gues what - 2$ badbeated, rivered and so on. 1$ tourney - no problem in the money. If i understand the sharkscope graphs right, i have roi of about 30% 1$ and a roi of -5% or smth in 2$. Is it the deiference of the level or i don't understand something here? maybe i am too result orientated or smthng... i would welcome any kind of advise... mmhs good luck at the tables....
  • 8 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Honestly, there should be virtually no difference in the skill level of your opponents. You might notice a difference in the $5 or $10 SnG's though..

But the problems that you are describing have nothing to do with a huge skill level difference. In fact, they show that the skill level of your opponents is still the same -- poor.

Badbeats? Rivered? Sucked out? That simply means that you got you're money in with the best of it.. and really, that's all you can do.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i haven't read your post, but I'm replying anyway !?!?! HAHEIIHIIIHIHIHAA

there could be a big difference, but $2 sngs are definately very easy to beat everywhere if you study the articles etc.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      No there are no skill diffrence of the players maybe just marginal in $1 or $2 sng on Ipoker.

Maybe the $2 are rigged :D
    • sammk002
      sammk002
      Bronze
      I find the $1 and $2 are too loose players. They play lottery poker. I find it more satisfying playing on the $10 SNG because players are more hesitant to call bets without good hands and respect raises.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sammk002
      I find the $1 and $2 are too loose players. They play lottery poker. I find it more satisfying playing on the $10 SNG because players are more hesitant to call bets without good hands and respect raises.
      lol... you don't like fishes?...

$1 and $2 sng's have the same level of play... no worries... but obv. keep working on your game...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Have you played barbados (beginner) $1 sit' n' gos? that might explain it...
    • Tklimas
      Tklimas
      Bronze
      There is no difference, the players still s*ck
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Have you played barbados (beginner) $1 sit' n' gos? that might explain it...
      Those compleet fishpools are the reason I started playing sng's :D

beginner 6max on Ipoker: softest tournaments you will find anywhere! And good traffic.