How to play on NL25

• straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Been playing at NL10 for the longest time. I play sss. Just been so boring there lately and don't make much money there either. I play according to the shc and play optimal short stack play. I play these good hands aggressively and throw an odd re steal attempt in which works almost all the time. I rarely try and steal preflop and don't defend blinds if I don't have anything. My VP$IP is about 7. Should this value be higher when playing on NL25.

Can I play profitably everyday by playing like this? Or should I try and mix it up some more? By trying to steal preflop more often and more resteal attempts. Thanks in advance everyone.
  • 7 replies
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      in sss NL10 = NL25 = basic sss = vpip 7 is good
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      How many hands have you played on NL 10?

I strongly advise you NOT to move up limits before you reach a good enough bank roll. Study and re-study all the articles and follow them closely. Post hands where you were in doubt in the samplehands forum, that will help you a lot with your study. You should also read the other posts and comment.

If you play well you'll soon beat NL 10.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Start using HUD and you will kill the level....
      if you are sure in your game start open raising AQs f/ UTG+2 and AJs f/ HJ.

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by dandycal
      How many hands have you played on NL 10?

I strongly advise you NOT to move up limits before you reach a good enough bank roll. Study and re-study all the articles and follow them closely. Post hands where you were in doubt in the samplehands forum, that will help you a lot with your study. You should also read the other posts and comment.

If you play well you'll soon beat NL 10.
      I've played about 17k hands on NL10. Have a winrate of about 5bb/100. My br is big enough to be playing at the higher level. I have also re read the sss articles many times. Haven't really posted any hands yet. I go through my database at the end of the day to see what I did and right and wrong and see where my mistakes were. Usually happy with the decisions I made even when it doesn't work it. I also go through the hands posted by others to see if there are some situations that can help me with my own game.

I have played a few sessions already at NL25 with varying results. There are some spots I see where I could steal preflop but decide not too. I suppose some days there just isn't that many loose tables. All I was wondering is should I be doing that more often preflop, stealing that is from late position.

Matt.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I see. So you should be safe moving up to NL25. I have started NL25 2 days ago. I'm down by 7 stacks now, which is pretty scary in the new limit, but I am also reviewing my hands constantly and re-studying the articles.

Regarding the stealing pre-flop, I understand you are talking about the steal-raise moves. There is an article that deals with that specifically in the silver section. I myself don't make such moves because I still play with stats so I can't tell you much about that.

Good luck on NL25!
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      basic SSS will beat nl10 - to beat nl25 you probably need to use stats, if only to make steals/resteals and conti-bets. That should be enough to beat nl25 - make sure you are competent in these areas when you move up.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I am starting to use stats in NL25, but I've been told that it is pretty ok to play NL25 without stats. On the other hand, that it is not recommended to play without stats on NL50+