MHUG Malta HU Grind – from $500 to the highs and better habits (100k+) arrived in Malta 2017

• UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      I basicly jumped out of nowhere into a picturesque location, named Galway (Ireland) it is located in the west of ireland, close to the cliffs of moher, moved on to Malta in march 2017

cliffs:
      -25y old german
      -the houseowner calls me john
      -moving into kinda beach house at the 9th of January 2017
      -1k€ expenses starting at the end of January,
      -Job offer at EA Games
      -Girlfriend joins in February 2017
      -4k€ Savings as 1100 in Deposits, 900 euro flight ticket for my GF joining in FEBRUARYY
      - Headsup Cashgame start at NL 50
      - Taking over at http://dublinpokerfestival.com

commitments
      - theory/ play fulltime until my bank account looks like my phone number

pics, fuckstories and brags incoming,

Weekly/Montly targets incoming, so far i work on my habits and of course my environment. So far i stay in a Hostel as i just moved from Dublin to Galway, was living in a caravan for a couple of weeks to save more money, as the rents are pretty high in the city of dublin.
  • 20 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello UpCrownGuy

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

It’s nice to see that you started a blog :f_thumbsup:

It looks like your still a basic member and then you can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet. If you are bronze member you can post pictures without help.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and good luck with improving your live tournament game :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Cheers SDK, i will definetly check the free money offers, as long as i feel most comfortable at pokerstars and have to see what effects me in my comfortability, referring to how i can make myself feel comfortable with other pokerclients, i will consider using the free money offers, as i have a lot of affiliate programs i can use.

Cheers :f_drink:
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Insane this material i am learning, check the graph and bet where i started ahaha

What makes me feeling very strong somehow is i just played 4 hours so far compared to 16 hours of study.

I am not experienced with forums, i guess someone could explain how to make this link shown as actual picture?! would be awesome!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Use imgur website and when you upload picture go to top right of the picture and click on get share links and get BBCcode(forums) one.
    • bakuncho
      bakuncho
      Bronze

there you go

when you use gyazo you need to click on the image with right button of mouse and choose view image, then just paste here the link on [img][/img]
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Awesome thank you guys, hey Ivicalliev77, i have spotted your blog already, i will take some of my study time to read through your blog, is there a specific start where you started playing 6 max hypers ? :f_p:
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by UpCrownGuy
      Awesome thank you guys, hey Ivicalliev77, i have spotted your blog already, i will take some of my study time to read through your blog, is there a specific start where you started playing 6 max hypers ? :f_p:
      I can't really recall time. Probably in 2013?
      6 max hypers were difficult format for me at the time - mostly due to ante in play that affected all the ranges pre flop. There are sites however where ante was not in play + competition was softer, so it is easier to play there then on Stars that format.

As far as blog reading goes, there is really a lot of information there. In your own time, read slowly through it all. You will see all the struggles and positive things that happened for me from poker. If you have some quick questions feel free to ask them in the blog.
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      I will definetly do so, i might write a bigger post then, to summarise my thoughts about your thoughts, and to check if we are possibly on the same line here and there, i am well interested.

About the ante changes, i see it like this, the more changes come, the more is to learn and to adjust, as i learn and adjust the fastest, any change is a win-win situation for me. And like this i take it!

Merry Christmas to you guys, and thanks for reading and following :)

When you use your icimizer to analyse, what exactly do you do?!

My process is like this:

- 1. I check the calculation in general without any adjustments
      - 2. I adjust the pushing - calling and openraising ranges for my specific format/villians.
      - 3. I make a note in my study book about the mistake i did, and adjust to see what hand i should have played like this, so i do not just know what i did wrong, i see how to make it better the next time, to not make the same mistake over again.
      - 4. go on with next hand history
      - 5. Be motivated to go for more and more every time i do this as warmup.

Let me know how you do it.
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Update numerooo uno U#1

First of all, what a year - postive or negative, whatever.. I wish you all Merry/ Happy Christmas, espcially to my new family, i already love your support! I will push anyone i can push reasonable as well.

I started off this year with a huge real live downswing, my Girlfriend had to get back to her country due to immigration issues, she is Brasilean by the way. I met her in Germany in the end of June in 2015, after i was visiting Dublin for 2 weeks, and literally fucked around like nothing in this world ahhahhahaa, my grandmother always told me look as long as you find - or something like search as long as you find. ...well :f_thumbsup: i took it literally :f_cool: AND i found what i was looking for all the years of deep researching :f_p: :f_tongue: :f_ugly:

Long story short, she was in europe for 3 months, then we had to leave europe in a few days, and found a country where she could stay legally, it was croatia - pictures incoming, have to evaluate with her blog related pictures eheeheh. Anything else is at this moment to detailed, so i summarize, i felt like living the fuckballerrelaxing lifestyle, i was looking for. But i was stupid at this moment, and i definetly grew from that point, the setup was not the best in croatia, even though i made 2k in one active month of playing. I was pushing too much, i played too much hours, did too less study but still some reviews, i just did not know what to do after a review, and what to learn from it..

So after she left on the 29th of December 2015, i was stuck in a city i did not plan to stay, and had to organise life - shelter/food/money, and that is what i did. In march i moved to Ireland, as this is so far the country where i feel comfortable the most. I started out in Dublin with random jobs, and could save now up to almost 8k in euro by avoiding the housing prices of 900 up to 1900 euro housing prices by buying a caravan.

So what happens with my relationship, as i was a fucker around type of guy, and would not survive not fucking my woman - women in general, but so far... i DID ehehehe and will continue in doing, as it is now just a few weeks left until she is coming back to my right on my dick! Yes she reads here as well, and yes our communication is awesome :f_thumbsup: She knows about how i feel with her and i know how she feels about me, and whatever we say and think, our connection is huge, like her butt eheheh, i do not talk respectless of her at all. I just point out a few of soooo many things i love at her, for example when she moves her hands while explaining something, i imagine how she is holding my ... ok ok that goes to far FOR NOW..

...so now i am waiting for my holdem manager to finish the database loading and start setting up the hud etc. Yesterday i played veeery tired, i am moving back my sleeping rythm to get up AUTOMATICLY at 4 a.m. Have to check with this sleeping rythm if this is the most profitable thing to do, waking up at 4 a.m. and go back to sleep around 10 p.m. But i can just not wait for the sunrise i will see soon, as i paid a deposit of 650 euro for a one bed apartment at the coast of Galway. Yes i work on my setup for this year, for my first big year. This location is worth more money, but when i learned something while my last 18 months of traveling, then it is value of money. What is "really worth the money"

Alright, my HoldemManager askes for attention, there is a little story behind all this fucking - loving traveling the last 18 months, and i will line up with pictures, as this has a nother priority now, i am not doing it NOW.

Cheers
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      I started the Heads Up Cashgame Program yesterday, and already finished the first module, as a couple of things were similar to the 6 max general content, but still, had to go over everything again, to see if i missed out anything. Was a good decision though.

Now that i finished this first module, i go for the second one and watch video content, writing reviews. But first i want to cook something.
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      before there are any questions about my setup, this oldtimer is about 7 years old,

the keyboard has an included dvd player, neon lights, ps 4, and you may not believe, but
      this K 120 Logitech keyboard is officially been pimped!

The harddrive, which i will show later is quite new as well, it is an HDD, and faster than a ferrari if needed..

When i click on edit and check it in the preview, i CAN SEE the actual picture, so what is still wrong here ? any advice, anyone ?!
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Im still ill, was knocked out shortly after christmas, through some strange foods i was eating, recovering and stabilising since yesterday evening, can not wait to get back on track and finally move into my own place, this hostel life is just nice when you like it.. :f_confused:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      It looks like your still a basic member and then you can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have an account yet. If you are bronze member you can post pictures without help.
      So long you are a basic member you can’t post pictures without help. This time I have fixed your pictures for you.

Further I have removed some information of a competitor site, because advertising is against Our forum principles

Good luck in the new year with playing cash games and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      we are running running running with aaaaal the money they give me hahahhaa, i play HU CG NL50 at the Zoom Tables, and REALLY USE my HUD so far :f_thumbsup: therefore these winnings.

I did a lot of theory compared to play, therefore i decided to play more and more sessions and widen them in duration, last "longest" session was about 1h30 minutes with 700BB+ in Profits.

I am leading at this moment the HU NL STARTER program in Winnings for January. I just lack in volume and this is where i focus on the the following weeks.

Tomorrow i move into my appartment finally, and i can not wait to create my new setup there, possibly i need additional internet connection for my laptop as the houseowner told me the wifi is not limited ...whatever he means with it :f_rolleyes:
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      edit, 1400 BB profits :f_drink: now i watch little bit the hobbit and maybe today in the evening one more session before last time going to bed in a hostel for a while!!!! wohoooooo :f_thumbsup:
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Circa 1200 BB lost yesterday, obviously not enough discipline to stick to stop loss.. therefore these losses. Today is DAY 1 and i just scheduled my day, will start with analyse, hopefully one of the sleeping students in my course will wake up to talk about some hands, and then i go on with a mail to my coach about where i am now, how i set up and how i am commited.

First night was fine, little cold as i was not 100% sure to leave the electric heating on as it eats 2000 watt, ahahh like 3 times more than a microwave lol. so i just turned it off before sleeping. nevertheless my First new habit is going for a walk right after waking up. It is just something special to live right next to the atlantic ocean, knowing the next biggest city from here is new york

the weather is typical irish though, some seconds of sunshine wohooo, i will show pictures, i just have to reload the phone!

cheers
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      Day 2-3
      pokerwise no light at the tunnel at the moment ehehehe, played like 4k hands overall still loosing, but i feel little improvements. I have to work on my discipline though and on taking more often a shower ahahha

workwise, well upswing i guess, i have a meeting on monday at the ea office for the german advisor position whooop!

tired.
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      End of week one, beginning of week two.

WHAT can i say, i basicly know one of my biggest leaks, but i have no clue what is wrong with / in my mind. It is river calls.. I constantly call their bets on the river with two pair, TPTK, trips knowing it is wrong but i just instantly click on call, and lost like this around 1,5 to 2 grand at NL 50.

Is there anyone interested doing some sessionreviews with me? I never did session reviews with someone else.. I need to improve my mental game there somewhere.
    • UpCrownGuy
      UpCrownGuy
      Basic
      I burned a couple of thousands in ireland, have met my girlfriend in denmark and now am in malta, start a fulltime job on monday as game presenter for evolution gaming.

will update soon how poker is going, as it is still the "do" for this year.

'Cheers