Stepping up - From $11's to $22's.

• Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Hey fellow Sit'N'Go'ers.

I'm currently testing the waters at the $22's, and I find them to be tougher than the $11's. Anyone beating these care to share experiences and tips on the differences between the two levels?
  • 5 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I've moved recently to the 22$'s. Check hlynkinnn's blog aswell, there should be some usefull into between all the hip-hop :tongue:

They are a little bit harder, but I still find 'm to be really really soft. Sometimes you're playing against 3-4 regulars, but no problemo since most of those regs are pretty bad ^^

Because there will be more regulars you should start making notes. Do they 3bet AK or JJ preflop, push loose from sb, ....
      You will play agains them often enough to make it worth the trouble :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I'm confident I'll make it eventually, but today has been mean to me.
      I feel I'm in a trial phase of the limit you know.

Out of 18 games I got:
      1x1st:
      1x2nd
      3x3rd
      6x4th This will really test you.

Myself have often had certain 'aha'-moments about poker, but none on the $22's yet. I know others have had them on the $22's, so hoping people will share them here. :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      aha! they are filled with fish :tongue:
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      In my experience the biggest differences between the $11s and the $22s is that you encounter more regulars and that the decision making at the bubble is better.... not great just a bit better.... this means that the bubble will often last longer with players calling tighter... knowing this you can adjust your ranges....

Yeah you will get tested... but remember that you have to have confidence in your own decisions cos if you know you made a good decision then 6xbubbles are easier to deal with... if you don't know then post the hand...

If you get hit hard drop back down for a while... from my experiences the psychological effect of dropping 10-15 BI on a new level has caused me a lotta stress.... if it affects you, drop down, build the roll again and give it another crack... In time it will become more comfortable...
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I'm toying with moving up to $16 games, and have played a few $10 regular speed games.

Depending on time and day there's still a lot of fish and bad LAGgy types. I agree about ICM players. If you can think like them, then you know their range before they push. If you see something extra loose, or they adjust to your range, then you have to adjust back.

On higher limits there's a lot more folding going on, especially SB vs BB. Since an ATC push is so obvious, I tend to adjust to push from SB a bit tighter. Still when it comes to 200/400 blinds, everyone is just as scared for their tourney as you.

There are players killing these games (according to the leaderboard) so they are also beatable.

speaking of leaderboards ;)

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/venus/

Number 36!! woohoo! Ship that $20!