Road to Black member

• alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      About me:
      My name is Alex and I am trying to hit the black member status!

History:
      I used to play SnG before without any real progress. Highest I played 30$ as a loosing player or maybe break even.Took some coachings too but it didn’t help a lot because I wasn’t enjoying the game anymore.

Took a break and started with Spins. At first felt like Sng(not enjoying so much) and took another break.In that break read ”Mental game of Poker” (great book) and after trying by myself and with a 15h coaching for spins was still not feeling good about the game.

I decided that I like poker but something was wrong and I saw that it was the ability to improve so I aimed high for help. Joined a Spin stable. After reading and hearing a lot that is not profitable I believe now that, that is the best decision I made.

Joined the stable on 1st of November as a break even player at 15$ and now I taking shots t 30$. This is a graph since I started to work with them (75% - 15$ and 25% - 30$).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that every stable is good, I knew why I chose the one that I am in now.

Why a blog?
      I made this blog to track my progress too but more because I want to demonstrate something. Some people say poker is hard and not for anybody, and some people say it’s hard but anyone can do it if they are willing to do.
      I think that I am the good person to demonstrate that because I had an unsuccessful poker carrier and I believe that it was only because of the way I thought. I limited my goals because a lot of people (most of them not playing high stakes) keep saying poker is so hard and I think that paralysis other players into not believing they are able to do it. For example 2 months ago 30$ was the limit I wanted to reach and I was not so sure I can make it. Now I am aiming for 100$.

Right now I have only the belief that I can reach the 100$ so nothing is sure, but in this blog I want to track my development and see if I can really do it. If I succeed I think is a clear proof that anybody can do it.

• 11 replies
    • mostlyfolding
      mostlyfolding
      Silver
      Good luck sir! I agree that poker is hard, very very hard. But when others give up, winners just work harder. Look forward to reading more of your blog.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How is it going this year so far with playing?

Further I wish you all the best with reaching the black status :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Hey man, I think I (somewhat successfully) I staked you for SnG's on Partypoker a lot of years back. I myself am playing spins too, after not enjoying poker for a long time. All the best in the stable and at the tables, hopefully we battle each other at some point!
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      How is it going this year so far with playing?

Further I wish you all the best with reaching the black status :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      At the end of the last year decided to stop the shot at 30$ because of losing around 25BI but EV was not so bad.here is the graph for the shot

After that I played only 15$ and the variance hit me.I am sure I made mistakes too but I think variance has a big impact too since the new year started.

Tomorrow I will have a coaching session with my new coach.he is playing 100$ at the moment and is from Romania which is another good thing.Will see how things go after that.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      Hey man, I think I (somewhat successfully) I staked you for SnG's on Partypoker a lot of years back. I myself am playing spins too, after not enjoying poker for a long time. All the best in the stable and at the tables, hopefully we battle each other at some point!
      hey

you are right!I was staked on party poker.at that time I think I was still making profit playing SNG.I think right after I changed sites it started to not be fun anymore.

If I remember correctly you were playing in a band or?

Gl to you too!
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      Originally posted by mostlyfolding
      Good luck sir! I agree that poker is hard, very very hard. But when others give up, winners just work harder. Look forward to reading more of your blog.

Hey thanks!

Actually I want to prove that poker is hard and not very very hard if you know what I mean:f_thumbsup:
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      hey

you are right!I was staked on party poker.at that time I think I was still making profit playing SNG.I think right after I changed sites it started to not be fun anymore.

If I remember correctly you were playing in a band or?

Gl to you too!
      Good memory, I did play in a band. Unfortunately, we split last year after nine years of playing together. Luckily I found a new band shortly after, so still chasing that rock & roll life. ;)
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      A week has past since I made the last update.I am running a bit better in terms of EV but most important is that I had a coaching last Tuesdayand I found a lot of things to work with.Tried to implement them the whole week and from playing got some other questions in certain spots.

Shouted the 30$ again but I played only about 100 games but nothing special happened.~44 chip EV

Tomorrow I have another coaching and I am looking forward to see what new things will come.

Graph for the week 15$ and 30$
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      Weekly update:

As you can see still not running great.I am still mixing 30$ with 15$ and most of them are 30$.EV is still going down but we had another coaching and it was decided to still play 30$ because is variance most part.Found some things too in the coaching(not something very big) but improvement in poker comes form small edges.

Another week of grind and we will see after that!
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      Weekly update

still running bad and the volume is not great either.This week will try to put more volume in and going for Supernova in March (considering that I will still mix 30$).

Mental was a bit challenging because of hitting their top ranges a lot but tried to keep calm and think of every decision.I saw that when I am running bad I tend to go faster on autopilot so the biggest challenge was to stay Self-aware.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Silver
      This week was better but still swingy (about 40BI swing). Continued to mix the 15$ with 30$ with the goal to always think why I make my decisions.

So far I am on track reaching 1500 games and Supernova!