First of the year

• BuffaloBill333
      BuffaloBill333
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. I’m new in the PokerStartegy community, so I’d like to introduce myself.
      My name is Mauro and I live in Montevideo, Uruguay. I have been playing for six months now. I remember that I saw a tournament (I think it was a replay of the PCA ME) on ESPN, and I really got interested in the game. Of course, at the beginning, I thought poker was an easy game to be good at; I searched video-tutorials on YT to learn how to play. It seemed very easy, so I started practicing with a friend.
      A couple weeks after I began to found a lot of information about the strategy behind the game, and I read articles about the beginner strategy, and I did not understand a thing. In that moment I decided to learn everything about the game. And now here I am, starting a blog on a poker forum…
      That is, more or less, my history with poker. I could write hundreds of words about how poker changed my way of think, and how poker helped me in life, but that’s not the point of my blog.

So…Why am I writing one then?
      Easy: It is a huge motivation and it helps to put my thoughts in order.
      So I’m doing this because: 1- It’s a way to express my thoughts and an evidence of my progress as a poker player. 2- It is part of the Get rich or die tryin’ challenge.

How is going to be the dynamic of the blog?
      Basically, I’m going to post a weekly thread for the GRODT’ challenge, plus two more related to my progress in the study of the game and my performances online. I’m going to try to post on Monday, Thursday and Saturday, so I can develop a routine. Also, I will post at least one hand analysis per month, so at the end of the year I can compare my analysis level and I will see how much I’ve improved on the understanding of the game.

So that’s pretty much all. On the next thread I will talk about which kind of player I am, which I want to be, which are my strengths and my weaknesses and a lot more information about me as a poker player.

So thanks for your time and I would be very glad to hear your recommendations, advices and opinions.
      Cyou!!
  • 11 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mauro,

Don't forget to opt in to GRODT at Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • BuffaloBill333
      BuffaloBill333
      Bronze
      Thanks bro!!!!:D
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mauro,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Howdy BuffaloBill333 and greetings to Uruguay!

I hope you'll start directly crushing - did you already choose a partner room to sign up with to start through with bronze/silver status?

GL,SvenBe
    • BuffaloBill333
      BuffaloBill333
      Bronze
      Thanks man!!! Y es I did. I play at TitanPoker and I registered my username here, but nothing seems to happen... I did make my first deposit but I never won the strategy points.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi there,

hm... i can confirm that you entered your nickname there.
      Can you confirm that you used your username in the account enter box?
      I am not completely sure, but it could be that there is a difference between username (the one you use for login) and the nickname you use for playing at the tables.
      Also, the account obviously has to be created through the links of PokerStrategy.com

If you want to change the name, please contact our support Link (scroll down & create new ticket)

CU,SvenBe
    • BuffaloBill333
      BuffaloBill333
      Bronze
      Well, I downloaded TitanPoker at their website, then I joined PokerStrategy and I used the code PSVIP and I recived the bonus money (I deposited $40 and with the code I recived another $20 for free). Maybe it's because I did not created the account through the links of PokerStrategy. If so, don't worry, it is okay to me...
      Thanks anyway!!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi, i just asked some of my colleagues from the relevant department. They told me that there is an issue with the information sharing with Titan Poker at the moment. I have no exact ETA, but this could also be the problem - having used PSVIP should mean that your account is tracked with us.
      Sorry for the inconvenience.

SvenBe, have a nice weekend!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mauro,

You can contact Titan's support who should be able to confirm if your account is correctly linked to us. If you can get confirmation from Titan, we can look at upgrading your status manually.

Keep us updated

Laz
    • BuffaloBill333
      BuffaloBill333
      Bronze
      Hi, I talked about this problem with TitanPoker and they told me this: "After making the checks in our database, we inform you that you have not registered, through Poker Strategy, but from another affiliate, therefore can not be linked to Poker Strategy, and we cannot change the initial affiliate."
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Mauro,

That is unfortunate. :spit:

If you decide to choose another room, please ensure that you clear your browser cookies as other affiliates cookies may contain their tracking code and could interfere with the signup process.

Also be sure to use our links to signup to a new room as we have been updating our signup links that contain our affiliate code.

Regards

Laz