Increase coinflip edge

    • Dickbreakr
      Dickbreakr
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.08.2008 Posts: 62
      UPS. Apparantly my original post offended some people. I am very sorry.


      So I'm going to change my thread. Instead my question is, how do you improve your coinflip edge?

      For me, I think having a healthy diet is most important. An apple a day, a glass of warm milk before bedtime and staying away from marijuana. Your chances of winning AK against 55 will increase hugely. So take my advice, and always eat your veggies!!! Stay away from redmeat people!

      That's all. Remember poker is not about luck.
  • 23 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Joined: 04.02.2008 Posts: 1,155
      I am wondering what really made you write this sh!t ;)
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 17.01.2008 Posts: 9,508
      Originally posted by slikec
      I am wondering what really made you write this sh!t ;)
      +1.
      He is really proud of himself in the study group chat :)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.03.2008 Posts: 447
      or we could simpley type "nh" move on and not tilt...

      Some of the stuff you say youd say to your oppents is discussting!
      You should never wish stuff like that on anyone...unless your sick in the mind.
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.02.2008 Posts: 167
      with a name like dickbreakr..
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.03.2008 Posts: 2,410
      Hi,

      That one sentence I deleted is absolutely fucking disturbing. Please do not write such things on the forums again.

      To wish illness of any kind on anyone(especially a child) is just damn right wrong. I'm appauled at what i've just read.

      Stiev
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.02.2008 Posts: 167
      Lets not forget his IVE LOST MY BR, HELP in the Downswing section of the forum.
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.06.2008 Posts: 201
      just say nh sir and leave
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.09.2008 Posts: 546
      BS. The only proven way to increase your coinflip edge is outlined below:

    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 7,596
      ^^^^^

      Only way to win coin-flips IMO.

      I'm kind of glad I didn't read this at the start from what I've heard from cannell555.

      @Dickbreakr, if you are going to say horrible things on the forums, you won't last long here and you won't get any help.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.09.2008 Posts: 2,214
      Originally posted by Dickbreakr
      UPS. Apparantly my original post offended some people. I am very sorry.


      So I'm going to change my thread. Instead my question is, how do you improve your coinflip edge?

      For me, I think having a healthy diet is most important. An apple a day, a glass of warm milk before bedtime and staying away from marijuana. Your chances of winning AK against 55 will increase hugely. So take my advice, and always eat your veggies!!! Stay away from redmeat people!

      That's all. Remember poker is not about luck.
      What in the world??
      Even if this is not offending anymore... this is really weird haha...
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.04.2007 Posts: 327
      clearly it is all about calling for the card that you need and not calling out what you dont need.

      ex. if you have QQ vs AK you must call QQQQQ. If you call for no Ace no King no A no K no A no K you are going to get screwed.

      Also if you pre-celibrate you are doomed for sure
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.07.2008 Posts: 609
      Originally posted by bkbart
      clearly it is all about calling for the card that you need and not calling out what you dont need.

      ex. if you have QQ vs AK you must call QQQQQ. If you call for no Ace no King no A no K no A no K you are going to get screwed.

      Also if you pre-celibrate you are doomed for sure
      agreed, pre celibration = certant loss
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.07.2008 Posts: 1,333
      Originally posted by bkbart
      ex. if you have QQ vs AK you must call QQQQQ. If you call for no Ace no King no A no K no A no K you are going to get screwed.
      Holy crap. That's what's happened to me every single time. Thank you very much for your help bkbart :D
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 1,146
      online poker coin flips are different than real world coin flips.

      the real world does have some small bias, but each deal on pokerstars has a different number seed (I think it's generated by a hamster strapped down in a cage watching tv - with an electrode in its brain - or something like that)

      still, I agree. If there's anything to the power of visualization, then calling for the card or suit you want to see is better than shouting 'No A' or 'No clubs!'

      Usuallly I just call for blanks. 2 2 2 2 2!!! That way nobody gets hurt. ;)

    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.07.2008 Posts: 436
      Originally posted by gavinonymous

      Usuallly I just call for blanks. 2 2 2 2 2!!! That way nobody gets hurt. ;)

      and then a 4 comes and then the donk get's set and then I call my gf and then everybody gets hurt !! :P
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Joined: 10.09.2007 Posts: 14,387
      The more vegetarians the more meat for me!

      More hippies please.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.12.2007 Posts: 910
      hahahahahahahahahaha very funny topic I really enjoyed it :D
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.06.2008 Posts: 502
      i missed the sick comments ..however, after winning 4 coin flips in a row against one guy..
      he said some of the following:

      "Your a mother f**king bitch - "

      "I Want You to Die To Stupid Mofo"

      "Go f**K you mom" (to which i replied, my mom is dead, which he followed up with)

      "Then You Keep Your dead mom in a fridge you a-hole"

      I Guess some people tilt worse than others :P

      I personally agree with the "NO Ace, NO King" comment - definately works best to call for what u need :D :D

      SabO :club:
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.09.2008 Posts: 187
      Yea,some peoples comments are out of order but i personally love it,let your poker do the talking if you're making someone tilt you're obviously doing something right,i love breaking people at the table,part of the fun,i also tilt quite easy but the more i play the less it gets to me,if you whinge and whine everytime someone sucks out poker's probably not for you. :P ;)
    • 1
    • 2