[NL2-NL10] nl10 AK with big stack

• 7 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I personally only play AK from late position with a big stack. Here you either decide to go for it and push or simply fold to protect your winnings, I think it's really up to you.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'd shove.

The SB looks fishy/bad and MP2 will probably fold most hands with which he coldcalled. Mostly you will end up AI pf with a strong hand versus fishy_sb and 7BB's dead-money (and only 14BB's effective stack). This more than makes up for the few times that MP2 shows us AA/KK.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Easiest push in the world.

MP2 is dead money(or some bonus award if he calls your push) and SB will prolly have some PP, besides, SB only has 1.90 left, so you're not playing for your double stack here.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000

MP2 is dead money(or some bonus award if he calls your push) and SB will prolly have some PP, besides, SB only has 1.90 left, so you're not playing for your double stack here.
      I agree with this.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze

Also agree with this, IMO just add that AKs is good enough to play for your double stack if SB was deeper.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze

New strategy says you have to shove TT+,AK+ when there is a raise behind you.
      English community still plays with Stack : raise ratio but the German and Dutch community already have the new strategy articles ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      AK+ JJ+ were always a push even with the old stack ratio. I'll add the TT to my game. I hope they translate the articles to English soon!