[NL20-NL50] nl25 flopped flush from button

• excelgeo
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($29.80)
      UTG+1 ($41.55)
      MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($3.95)
      MP3 ($27.25)
      Hero (CO) ($12.85)
      Button ($3.15)
      BB ($5.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, 9
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25

Flop: ($2.35) 3, J, 8 (4 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, 3 folds

Total pot: $2.35 | Rake: $0.10

should i have checked it?
  • 6 replies
    • caltabiano
      I fold that pre-flop.

I don't think you check it on the flop. Against 3 opp, you don't wanna see another :diamond: coming up. So you bet.

When another diamond comes up, only the A :diamond: will be willing to invest any money and maybe the Q. The J and K are already out there. If you're gonna get any value out of this, I think now is the best time
    • justkyle88
      Fold preflop.
      Raiser could have a bigger K or A putting you behind straight away.
      And you have multiply opponents behind you still to act.

Flop: i bet in this multi-way pot, you will get value from other FD's, sets, etc etc and we don't want another :diamond:
    • excelgeo
      cata are you sure you would have bet though? was this the right amount?

maybe could have bet less to entice a caller?

as for kyle i think you are very wrong. it is a miniraise on a multiway and i have position. no way im folding this
    • TribunCaesar
      I also fold pre.
      As played easy bet on the flop, you want to build a pot and a one card flushdraw might call here but not on the other streets.

Best regards,
    • excelgeo
      i think the judge may be also wrong here about folding this preflop. guys i have position and a mediocre hand. you seriously fold just because someone minraised? i am on the button.

i had another hand judged the other day in a similar situation in a multiway pot and i folded 57suited from button only to be told by everyone, including the judge that they "would be calling this all day"
    • Kaitz20
      K9s and 75s are a little different hands.
      Problem here: you have to flop two pair or better hand:
      Odds of flopping 2 pair 48.5:1 or 2%, this doesn't include a pair on the board.
      Odds of flopping 3 of a kind with a pair on the board 68.5:1 or 1.4%.
      You only started your hand with 50bb, so you really not get pair often enough if you flop two pair or better, so imo better strategy is wait better hands which you play fast and strong.
      Here you flop one pair a lot more (around 30%) and with you stack it often means that you get stacked by better hand.

With 75s, he could also flop straight draws and you can play them aggressively, so you don´t really have to always get odds to hit your straight.
      Just with K9s it is hard to flop anything else than good flushdraw which you should play aggressively.

Since you ahve position and you think that MP1 is weak, I like more re-raising to 2$, which means that you often take pot down pf and if called, then with c-bet.