This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

hows this hand...

• thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      hows this for a bad beat.

I get JJ in late position, and there is one 3xBB raise from UTG. I reraise 3xraise UTG calls.

Flop comes JQx rainbow. UTG makes a pot sized bet. At this point I'm thinking the only thing that beats me is pocket Queens, so I push all in. UTG inst-calls and flips over AA. I'm like 'yyeeeesssss'

Turn: A
      River: A

So close :P

I had to smile. 'nh' was all I could say :D
  • 3 replies
    • NamenIos
      NamenIos
      Bronze
      Maybe thats isn't the thing you want to hear, but assuming you are playing FR what kind of a range of hands do you give UTG to raise with were you can reraise with JJ?
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Reraise from UTG at lower lvl is pretty much always AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ. Maybe AQ, TT, AJ.

So youre reraise was a bad play. He couldve rereraised you and you wouldve had to fold.
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      very good point. I play on the $0.01\$0.02 level on stars and titan, and people are always raising all sorts of crap when out of position. I should have paid more attention, but it's not uncommon to get a raise like this from anyone holding A5o or low pairs.