A Spamming PokerStrategy.com Affiliate

• ProblemWithSpam
      ProblemWithSpam
      Basic
      I am one of the operators of a poker news and strategy website, and we have a problem with a PokerStrategy.com affiliate, who has been continuously sending private messages to all our discussion forum users.

The affiliate seems to target every single user, and the messages, naturally, contain his PokerStrategy.com affiliate link. After we find out about this, we of course ban his account, but he keeps creating new ones.

On January 4th, we sent PokerStrategy.com a polite message asking them to contact the affiliate, and have his account terminated. So far we have received no reply, and just today, all our clients received another spam message.

I've contacted PokerStrategy.com about the problem by private message again, but since I received no reply last time, I decided to also create an account here and post a message to make sure that someone is at least aware of the problem.
  • 7 replies
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Sucks..

Just wondering.. How is it possible for a member to send an e-mail to all of your users? Sounds like you have something to take a look at in your system.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I can understand banning him from your site but why should his pokerstrategy account be banned? Unless there are some rules against spamming on other websites that I haven't read.
    • ProblemWithSpam
      ProblemWithSpam
      Basic
      He is not sending emails, but private forum messages. He has to jump through some hoops (create a new account, post some legitimate messages) to be able to send private messages, but this isn't too hard for someone who is as dedicated to his work as this guys seems to be.

Most poker (and other) affiliate programs are very strict about how they are advertised. I can only assume PokerStrategy.com is the same.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Question: To where did you send your message? This information would be good to see if it was the wrong mail and see why it was not escalated to the right persons.

I'd be grateful if you send me a mail to lutz@pokerstrategy.com about the issue.

Generally speaking:
      Even though we have very little control of what our users do outside of PokerStrategy.com, we are of course not happy to see if our members spam other sites like yours. So we will certainly contact the person responsible and make sure he stops.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Doesn't he run out of e-mail addresses he can use?
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      Doesn't he run out of e-mail addresses he can use?

lol
    • ProblemWithSpam
      ProblemWithSpam
      Basic
      Thank you for the swift reply!

I've twice sent the message using the contact form on the page http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/support/

I will forward the same information to the email address you provided.

Originally posted by Xantos
      Question: To where did you send your message? This information would be good to see if it was the wrong mail and see why it was not escalated to the right persons.

I'd be grateful if you send me a mail to lutz@pokerstrategy.com about the issue.

Generally speaking:
      Even though we have very little control of what our users do outside of PokerStrategy.com, we are of course not happy to see if our members spam other sites like yours. So we will certainly contact the person responsible and make sure he stops.