This month on party!

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Constant coolers, my head is gonna blow soon. I am -15 BIs in 2 days, flush over flush, set over set, I don't understand now how can I win the pot. Party ><
      These 15buy-ins is very much for me, as I have to give up moving to NL50 again! I wonder how long it will last.

These hands happened in 2 hours of playing!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $52,73
      BB:
      $25,00
      MP3:
      $57,89
      CO:
      $68,73
      Hero:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB raises to $1,75, BB folds, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,75) 9:spade: , J:spade: , K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,00, SB raises to $12,00, Hero raises to $23,25 (All-In), SB calls $11,25 (All-In).

Turn: ($50,25) 4:heart: (2 players)
      River: ($50,25) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $50,25

SB shows three of a kind, kings (Kd Kc)
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Jd Jc)

SB wins with three of a kind, kings (Kd Kc)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $29,19
      BB:
      $8,88
      MP3:
      $15,75
      Hero:
      $46,71
      BU:
      $26,91

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 8:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, BU folds, SB raises to $1,75, BB folds, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,75) K:club: , A:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,50, SB raises to $11,07, Hero raises to $28,25, SB calls $16,37 (All-In).

Turn: ($59,44) T:heart: (2 players)
      River: ($59,44) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $59,44

Hero shows three of a kind, eights (8h 8d)
      SB shows three of a kind, kings (Kd Kh)

SB wins with three of a kind, kings (Kd Kh)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,00
      BB:
      $32,30
      MP3:
      $27,70
      Hero:
      $36,62
      BU:
      $25,00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2:diamond: , 2:club:
      MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, BU folds, SB calls $1,15, BB folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,00) 8:spade: , J:heart: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $3,25, SB calls $3,25, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($10,50) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $7,48, Hero raises to $32,12 (All-In), SB calls $13,02 (All-In).

River: ($63,12) A:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $63,12

SB shows a full-house, jacks full of aces (Js Jd)
      Hero shows a full-house, deuces full of aces (2d 2c)

SB wins with a full-house, jacks full of aces (Js Jd)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $43,35
      BB:
      $30,01
      Hero:
      $31,54
      CO:
      $32,95
      BU:
      $25,00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , T:club:
      Hero raises to $1,00, CO raises to $3,00, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,35) 4:diamond: , T:spade: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4,00, Hero raises to $12,00, CO calls $8,00.

Turn: ($30,75) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $16,54 (All-In), CO calls $16,54.

River: ($14,75) 2:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $50,50

Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Th Tc)
      CO shows three of a kind, kings (Kd Kh)

CO wins with three of a kind, kings (Kd Kh)
  • 8 replies
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      I feel for you. The worse is when there is nothing you could have done differently and still loose your stack. On party it happens to me all the time with the very loose players. Call it a downswing and keep your head up, most of the time you will double up!:)
    • haZardus
      haZardus
      Bronze
      Yeah, everything is played right, really unexpected showdowns. PartyPoker is one big sea with bunch of fishes, just don't give up on throwing the hook. :D
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Again today.............. My head is gonna blow.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($25)
      MP ($31.99)
      BB ($25.10)
      Hero (Button) ($26.14)
      CO ($17)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      MP raises $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) A:club: , J:club: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP bets $2, Hero raises $5, MP raises $8, Hero raises to $25.14 (All-In), MP calls $15.14

Turn: ($52.63) 3:club: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($52.63) 8:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $52.63

MP shows A:heart: A:spade:

I don't believe rooms are rigged or something, but maybe I should concider that.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Well, that is poker. But even worse things happen. In your cases, most of your money went into the pot when you was behind (well, you could not think that you are behind). However, it happened to me this weekend for several times that I went all in (against two opponents), made $75 pot (NL25) was ahead approx. 95% (19:1) and wither case card helped one of the villain or runner-runner defeated my hand.

Just take a break for a while (two or three day, maybe more) and then start playing again. But break is important because it is hard to continue with such suck outs without tilting.

15 buyins in two days is too much. You should set your stop-loss limit and after you win some buins, you should reset your stop-loss limit from the beginning. After you lose some buyins, it will affect your play and it may cost you more buyins.

When you start playing again, I would not recommend to divert anyhow from SHC. Play little bit tighter (however still TAG) and try not to play some spots when you can expect high variance.

And post your hands where you are not sure; even if you win them to find out whether you did not miss some value.

Finally, remember that downswings are inevitable. There will still be some downswing from time to time. But as downswings are invetable, also upswigns will come from time to time.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Thanks for your support man, I did take a break after 5BI loss couple of days ago, I am back and it's the same shit. You are probably right about decisions which don't boost variance, I'll try playing that way and will tihten up(I am already tight tho 18/14).
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      After my first downswing (8 buyins or little bit more), I almost lost selfconfident. But then, I took break for one week and then it was better.

After my downswing 7 weeks ago, I started to play FR (later on I mixed it with SH) at 9 tables where I played just with good hands (with 9 tables I did not have time to play speculative hands) and I noticed that it works very well. I also did not defend my blinds agressively but I waited for better spots. I did steal only with hands in SHC and it was very +EV.

Also I checked my winning in Elephant for some kind of hands and I noticed that playing with AQo was -EV for me (AQs was +EV). Also playing some suited connectors was -EV. So I checked some of these hands and I noticed that I played them not quite well. So I started to play less suited connectors (generally only IP and sometimes for defending my blinds) and I am more carefull with AQo.

And remember: If it is required by your bankroll, move to lower limit. It is not a shame.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Hell, poker is tough game!
    • Snarf85
      Snarf85
      Bronze
      Six in one day is pretty harsh. :evil: