Xixi74 becomes English !

• Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Hi everybody !

I present myself, my name is Alexis and I'm French ! I'm doing a Bachelor Foreign Languages Applied to International Trade and I'm in the last year. Since for months I live in Aosta in Italy ! It's pretty good, people are very differents than in France, there are ALL very friendly and I like that !!! :f_biggrin:

However, my English level it's veryyy bad, and I have to do an Internship after February. I'll try to do it in Australia, or in Thailand or in Irland ! As you see, I wanna discover new country, new population and improve my English level ! It's the main reason for opening a blog here ! I want to speak English with you (and to speak about poker of course ;) )

I'm a HU player since 2 years, and my passion is to play reg ! ahah

The aim of this blog (except speaking English) is to post hand (often in HU, sometimes in SH) and to speak about it !
      I'll try to post 1 at the minimum per day, and some days if I have enough time, more !

I play NL50-200 (my roll is still too small to play higher limits) !

So, I finish my session and I'll come back to post severals hands ! See you later my friends ! ;)

PS: Don't hesitate to correct me !!
  • 4 replies
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Heyyyyy ! I'm late I know ! ahah
      Lot of stuff to do.

The firsts hands with you !

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $122.09 (122.1 bb)
      SB: $100 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :7c: :As:
      SB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($5) :6h: :9h: :2c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2.98, Hero calls $2.98

Turn: ($10.96) :Ah: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($10.96) :5c: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, SB raises to $14.50, Hero raises to $41.26 ????

Villain is regular of NL100 & 200 HU ! He doesn't know value good on the river, and he misses generally bluffing spots on the River.

Poker Stars, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $266.30 (133.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $200 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Js: :As:
      Hero raises to $5, BB calls $3

Flop: ($10) :Td: :Ad: :5h: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.31, BB calls $3.31

Turn: ($16.62) :Kc: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10.68, BB calls $10.68

River: ($37.98) :6s: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $25.15, BB calls $25.15

Results:
      $88.28 pot ($1 rake)
      Final Board: :Td: :Ad: :5h: :Kc: :6s:
      BB mucked :Ts: :Jh: and lost (-$44.14 net)
      Hero showed :Js: :As: and won $87.28 ($43.14 net)

Against the same, and you have to read this hand in the other way, in the villain's point of view. x/f, x/c or x/r ?
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s nice to see that you started a blog to improve your English and it looks already goo as well I think.

The first-hand I don’t think 3betting on a wet board like this is to profitable on the river. I would most likely bluff catch on his check/raise if he likes to bluff a lot. Otherwise I would fold on his check/raise, because there aren’t many weaker hands that would check/raise I think.

Hand 2 seems fine played to bet 3 streets of value on a board like this if the villain likes to call a lot, but in most cases I would most likely consider to check back the river, because there aren’t many weaker hands that would call here. Especially if we play against a good regular.

Further I wish you all the best to improve your game and your English :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Heey ! Thank you for your analysis ! It looks good, beacause I take my time ! ahah

For the first hand it is not a check raise from villain, it's just a raise, he's IP.

Here it's a bet river I'm sure, I still have many bluff so I have to bet.

But my question was about villain's hand, he has to x/c, x/f or x/r in your opinion ?
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Hey all !

I didn't take time to post here, exams, documents for Erasmus etc....

But I'm here, in London !

I have the first question for you, I don't know the .com and I play 60/70% of Hu game.
      Are there rooms with Hu regular table ? I saw Pokerstars' zoom table and I will play in, but if I also can play regular table it would be perfect !

Then, which room do you recommend to me ? I think I know only pokerstars

Thank guyys! :f_drink: