This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Xixi74 becomes English !

• Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Hi everybody !

I present myself, my name is Alexis and I'm French ! I'm doing a Bachelor Foreign Languages Applied to International Trade and I'm in the last year. Since for months I live in Aosta in Italy ! It's pretty good, people are very differents than in France, there are ALL very friendly and I like that !!! :f_biggrin:

However, my English level it's veryyy bad, and I have to do an Internship after February. I'll try to do it in Australia, or in Thailand or in Irland ! As you see, I wanna discover new country, new population and improve my English level ! It's the main reason for opening a blog here ! I want to speak English with you (and to speak about poker of course ;) )

I'm a HU player since 2 years, and my passion is to play reg ! ahah

The aim of this blog (except speaking English) is to post hand (often in HU, sometimes in SH) and to speak about it !
      I'll try to post 1 at the minimum per day, and some days if I have enough time, more !

I play NL50-200 (my roll is still too small to play higher limits) !

So, I finish my session and I'll come back to post severals hands ! See you later my friends ! ;)

PS: Don't hesitate to correct me !!
  • 4 replies
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Heyyyyy ! I'm late I know ! ahah
      Lot of stuff to do.

The firsts hands with you !

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $122.09 (122.1 bb)
      SB: $100 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :7c: :As:
      SB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($5) :6h: :9h: :2c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2.98, Hero calls $2.98

Turn: ($10.96) :Ah: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($10.96) :5c: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, SB raises to $14.50, Hero raises to $41.26 ????

Villain is regular of NL100 & 200 HU ! He doesn't know value good on the river, and he misses generally bluffing spots on the River.

Poker Stars, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $266.30 (133.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $200 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with :Js: :As:
      Hero raises to $5, BB calls $3

Flop: ($10) :Td: :Ad: :5h: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.31, BB calls $3.31

Turn: ($16.62) :Kc: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10.68, BB calls $10.68

River: ($37.98) :6s: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $25.15, BB calls $25.15

Results:
      $88.28 pot ($1 rake)
      Final Board: :Td: :Ad: :5h: :Kc: :6s:
      BB mucked :Ts: :Jh: and lost (-$44.14 net)
      Hero showed :Js: :As: and won $87.28 ($43.14 net)

Against the same, and you have to read this hand in the other way, in the villain's point of view. x/f, x/c or x/r ?
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s nice to see that you started a blog to improve your English and it looks already goo as well I think.

The first-hand I don’t think 3betting on a wet board like this is to profitable on the river. I would most likely bluff catch on his check/raise if he likes to bluff a lot. Otherwise I would fold on his check/raise, because there aren’t many weaker hands that would check/raise I think.

Hand 2 seems fine played to bet 3 streets of value on a board like this if the villain likes to call a lot, but in most cases I would most likely consider to check back the river, because there aren’t many weaker hands that would call here. Especially if we play against a good regular.

Further I wish you all the best to improve your game and your English :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Heey ! Thank you for your analysis ! It looks good, beacause I take my time ! ahah

For the first hand it is not a check raise from villain, it's just a raise, he's IP.

Here it's a bet river I'm sure, I still have many bluff so I have to bet.

But my question was about villain's hand, he has to x/c, x/f or x/r in your opinion ?
    • Xixi74
      Xixi74
      Bronze
      Hey all !

I didn't take time to post here, exams, documents for Erasmus etc....

But I'm here, in London !

I have the first question for you, I don't know the .com and I play 60/70% of Hu game.
      Are there rooms with Hu regular table ? I saw Pokerstars' zoom table and I will play in, but if I also can play regular table it would be perfect !

Then, which room do you recommend to me ? I think I know only pokerstars

Thank guyys! :f_drink: