Bonus Clearing.

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi, can someone please confirm what (how many points etc) are required to clear the additional $500 bonus and any first deposit bonus.

I'm more than happy with Full Tilt (PokerStrategy linked) as my primary site, but I am looking at replacing Titan (non PS linked) with a secondary account and need to weigh up Bwin bonus against Cake Rakeback.
      Assuming all other factors are equal etc.

Many thanks,

Bart
  • 74 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi, can someone please confirm what (how many points etc) are required to clear the additional $500 bonus and any first deposit bonus.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Try Bwin Ongame network have 15k players at least while cake have only 3-7k;(

Really i expected a bit more of them to be honest even everest have more lol :D
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      I'm interested too, they seem to have reasonable traffic, 30k players atm.

How does the bonus work exactly as its not very clear.

Does the bonus get released gradually?
      Is it like rakeback but up to $500?
      Or do you have to get x amount of points to release the whole thing?
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I was going to open the same thread but I'm gonna write here instead :D
      wanna open a bwin account as well
      so who do you have to kill for 1 point ? :P and how is NL20 or smth close ? what's with the rake and how's traffic and players there ?
      and how does it work with the bonus ? do you get it in steps or the whole thing at 4000 points ? if last one, what happens if you don't get to 4000 points in 3 months ?
      (no, I'm not to lazy to look for the info myself, it's just that you don't get all this just by surfing through their adds or promotions list)
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      well if you grind alot it's np to clear it even in micros
      i started to play on BWIN yesterday o.O and started with -1600bb in 6h sesion... lost every pf AA KK and all postflop monsters xD so yeah... a nice greeting
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      all in all do you believe it is a good place to put your money in or not ? :D
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      guys :) I wrote it in the comments to the news but will write it here again:

you deposit up to 500$, clear at the 8 pts/dollar rate and have 90 days period - the bonus is paid as a LUMP sum and if you don't manage to clear it, you get nothing. But 90 days is a lot, so :)

1$ in tournament fees is 5 points. So assume we play 8 10+1 tournaments, we give 8$ as rake and get 40 points which equal 5$ worth of bonus. 5 divided by 8 gives 62,5% back ;)

For cash it's a bit different but according to a relatively big pokertracker database I had, 8 pts/dollar rate represents around 50% rake back.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      @ finchybg:
      you mentioned this in the comment as well. mine also says it expires on 5/02/2009. is that in 4 days from now or...in May ? maybe it's smth very obvious or smth I didn't notice in the article but I must know for sure because I think I don't stand a chance in clearing 4000 points in 4 days by playing on micros :|
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by finchybg
      you deposit up to 500$, clear at the 8 pts/dollar rate and have 90 days period
      Thanks for the reply, is rake calculated in each pot you are playing in or is it if u see the flop etc?

Thanks
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by mishuq
      @ finchybg:
      you mentioned this in the comment as well. mine also says it expires on 5/02/2009. is that in 4 days from now or...in May ? maybe it's smth very obvious or smth I didn't notice in the article but I must know for sure because I think I don't stand a chance in clearing 4000 points in 4 days by playing on micros :|
      5/02/2009 is obviously 2nd May if you just deposited ;)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      well "when you contribute to the pot"
      which means that even if u fold the SB and the other guys see a flop(meaning the hand is raked) you get points too ;)
      don't worry on NL20 it won't be hard to make it if you play regularly, on NL10 it would be a little bit hard but for 3 months is highly possible that you eventually move up :P on NL50 and above it's a piece of cake.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      thanks for the answers guys
      I played 4 1h sessions last night on NL10 - 4 tables and I got to 50 points. doesn't sound very bad though because I usually have more time, play at several tables and hopefully I will go up trough blind levels.
      I wonder if those 50 points were actually 25 doubled points because of the January 31st -> february 6th promotion :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Isn't this promotion only for Strategy points?
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Isn't this promotion only for Strategy points?
      yep I think so
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      great !!
      so 50 points / 4 tables / 4 hours / NL10 => 50 points
      awesome. after I get passed NL10 it'll be a lot easier and I can also start grinding the bonus on mansion
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks finchy / everyone,

Very much appreciated.

Bart :D
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Forgive me my ignorance as I write this one down. When I look into my bwin account it nicely tells me I need to collect 4000.0 points in x days. I think I misread the promo terribly but do I need to deposit first? I thought it was like the pokerstrategy bonus, you get the money, clear it.

Can someone please clarify this for me?
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      you need to deposit your own money....

not being funny but did you really think they were going to give you $500 just for signing up to their site?
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Silver
      Originally posted by Alexd10
      you need to deposit your own money....

not being funny but did you really think they were going to give you $500 just for signing up to their site?
      To be honest, on the page where I registered with the bonuscode, they never ever mentioned it was a deposit bonus, or that a deposit was needed. Their slogan did not point in that direction either. Ofcourse I thought I had to invest to be able to clear that bonus, but since I didn't see ANY indication you had to make a deposit I assumed it was some monsterbonus you could clear in steps of $10 or something.

But thanks for the clarification :)