This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 66 on 999 NL25

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Known players:        
      Hero:
      $33,58
      MP2:
      $25,35

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6:spade: , 6:club:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0,25, MP2 raises to $1,25, 5 folds, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,85) 9:spade: , 9:club: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,50, Hero calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,85) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2,75, Hero calls $2,75.

River: ($11,35) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $11,35

I absolutely hate my lines here. I gotta get aggressive on this flop with my PP right?

What's the best way to play such a hand?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think your line is quite good: c/c flop and turn and then evaluate on the river.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Would you still call a river bet though? Up to how much?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I would fold on the river unless his bet is really small? 66 is no good imo.

I absolutely hate my lines here. I gotta get aggressive on this flop with my PP right?
      It would be better to be aggressive if you were the preflop aggressor I think. If I would be your opponent and somebody limp calls and gets aggresive on this flop, I know he has some low to medium pocket pair. My reaction: fold or shove/raise high pairs and overcards if I think my opponent is capable of folding a pp. With high cards I'd only need 20-25% fold equity.
      Basically, he will almost always fold his worse hands and continue with hands that beat you.

This is always a crappy spot to be in. You can't really bet. You can call, but not raise. So you're either gonna be behind or gonna get sucked out on 25-30% of the time.
      Being oop totally sucks in this hand!
      I like to fold on the turn (or even on the flop) and just wait for better spots to win moniez.