This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What is "rake"?

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hello,

Im very new, I almost become silver, in 14 strategy points... I play on mansion poker but have a question about rake.

On the page it says: $1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

I dont know what a rake is?? is it the stake you play or the amount of money you put into the pot?? or is it the winnings you earn??

:(

Sorry for the beginner question but im very confused!
  • 4 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Rake

The rake or chop is the house's cut of each and every pot. A hand where a rake is taken is called a raked hand. The conditions for and amount of the rake are different. Usually, a rake of 5% of the pot is taken as long as a certain threshold amount is exceeded. The amount of the maximum rake per hand is also constrained according to the particular establishment and limit.
      More terms in the Glossary
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply, i knew that kind of rake but i wondered if there was another different rake because

$1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

doesnt make sense??? :rolleyes:

does this mean, for every dollar mansionpoker takes away from my winnings i get 4 strategypoints ?? :O
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      thanks for the reply, i knew that kind of rake but i wondered if there was another different rake because

$1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

doesnt make sense??? :rolleyes:

does this mean, for every dollar mansionpoker takes away from my winnings i get 4 strategypoints ?? :O
      exactly ;)

the thing is they would take it no matter if you're tracker to PS.com or not... You're getting something in exchange this way at least.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      ok so i need mansionpoker to take 1.25$ away from my winnings in total today to be silver tomorrow ;)

thanks for the reply, i totally understand it now!