What is "rake"?

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hello,

Im very new, I almost become silver, in 14 strategy points... I play on mansion poker but have a question about rake.

On the page it says: $1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

I dont know what a rake is?? is it the stake you play or the amount of money you put into the pot?? or is it the winnings you earn??

:(

Sorry for the beginner question but im very confused!
  • 4 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Rake

The rake or chop is the house's cut of each and every pot. A hand where a rake is taken is called a raked hand. The conditions for and amount of the rake are different. Usually, a rake of 5% of the pot is taken as long as a certain threshold amount is exceeded. The amount of the maximum rake per hand is also constrained according to the particular establishment and limit.
      More terms in the Glossary
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply, i knew that kind of rake but i wondered if there was another different rake because

$1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

doesnt make sense??? :rolleyes:

does this mean, for every dollar mansionpoker takes away from my winnings i get 4 strategypoints ?? :O
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      thanks for the reply, i knew that kind of rake but i wondered if there was another different rake because

$1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints

doesnt make sense??? :rolleyes:

does this mean, for every dollar mansionpoker takes away from my winnings i get 4 strategypoints ?? :O
      exactly ;)

the thing is they would take it no matter if you're tracker to PS.com or not... You're getting something in exchange this way at least.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      ok so i need mansionpoker to take 1.25$ away from my winnings in total today to be silver tomorrow ;)

thanks for the reply, i totally understand it now!