Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $27,02
      MP2:
      $38,49

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:heart:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3,50, BB folds, MP2 calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,25) Q:spade: , 8:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,44, MP2 calls $3,44.

Turn: ($14,13) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($14,13) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,71, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $20,84

Qh)[/COLOR]
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'm folding OOP pre-flop.

As played, bet bigger on the flop. $5 at least.

If he calls you, the pot will be about $18 on the turn and you'll have a bit more than a potsize bet left and I'd shove that turn.

But again, I'm folding pre flop =) His stats are pretty loose preflop, but you can't really tell much out of 21 hands.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      SH? No way to fold AQ in such a spot preflop. I 3-bet AQ in any position SH. AQ in SH in one of the nuts.

I bet definitelly more on the flop ($4,75) - flop is connected.

I b/f the turn. I do not like c/f. And I do not like c/c either since you do not know where you stand (since you will also have to call a river bet). If called, I blockbet the river unimproved, however, with A on the river, I might c/r.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      SH? No way to fold AQ in such a spot preflop. I 3-bet AQ in any position SH. AQ in SH in one of the nuts.

I hadn't realised it was SH. I play full ring actually.

In SH it's standard to 3bet it, right? So forget what I said about folding it :P

Don't you think that if he's betting the turn, he'd better shove it? Pot will be something like $17 - $19 depending on how much you bet flop.

And the stack will be something like $17 - $19 as well. Even if he only bets half a pot on the turn, I don't think he can fold anymore. Since his hands is not that strong, wouldn't you consider a shove for maximum fold equity?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Michailewic

I bet definitelly more on the flop ($4,75) - flop is connected.

I b/f the turn. I do not like c/f. And I do not like c/c either since you do not know where you stand (since you will also have to call a river bet). If called, I blockbet the river unimproved, however, with A on the river, I might c/r.
      +1
      Its not an auto-3bet OOP vs an UTG raiser btw, but against this guy its ok.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      it's close between c/c or b/f turn. I tend to b/f and blockbet river. As played I bet 9 on the river btw.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar