Rake and Strategy Points

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      lol this may sound stupid but how does it work. Lets say mansion... 1$ rake = 4 SP.

Does this $1 rake have to come from your winnings/you putting money into the pot or is it just from the table you are sitting at? So if i was playing NL10 and wasnt involved in the pot and th rake was 25c would i earn 1 SP? (if i was playing at mansion)
      Also say i need 400 SP. (at mansion again) Would i need to then have produced $100 rake at the tables i have sat at to make 400 SP or is it something else with different caculations.

Lol i hope you understand what i said, if its some other way can you please explain, in a little detail

Thanks in advance.
  • 5 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi kingdippy2008,

please have a look at this thread someone asked a pretty similar question there:

What is "rake"?

maybe you should also take a look at our rewards system: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/rewards/

Regarding the 25c rake pot where you weren't involved: well the rake will be divided by the players that got dealt cards in that hand and that amount will be "your paid" rake.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      ive read that section but it just says $1 rake = xSP but it doesnt say wether this is from the table or your rake/net rake or whatever.

Thanks anyway
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Right so say i need to get 100 SP and it was $1=1SP would i have to
      a)have $100 rake taken from myself and my winning
      b)have $100 rake taken from the tables i have been sitting at, regardless of wether i was in any pots.
      c)have $1000 rake taken at every table i have sat at (assuming they are 10 max and no one ever leaves :D )
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      hi,

I was confused before but now I understand it:

Mansionpoker takes a "rake" from the pot after each hand... if you won a hand, the amount of money Mansionpoker rakes away from your win... is added up..

when that amount reaches 1$ u gain 4 strategy points.

so you basically lose 1 dollar on mansion (that you would lose anyway, any everybody does if they win) to gain 4 strategy points
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      so A, thanks very much