SSS NL25 on PokerStars

• Koskos
      Koskos
      Bronze
      I recently started playing NL25 SSS (built my BR for it playing mid/big stack on lower limits), and it's not going so well.

What i would like to know is how many hands should be enough to see if its working or not.

I constantly evaluate my play and most of my loses are from hands like AA vs KQ, KK vs QJ, QQ vs 22 etc, but i did make mistakes and i try to fix them constantly.

I have played 4500 hands i'm currently down 4.5BI with PTBB -1.01,
      my vpip is 7.34 and my pfr is 5.90 are these stats good?

I've been pretty much around being even since i started playing but never really in profit, my question is should i keep playing, 4500 hands is not much or is it a lot?

If needed i could provide more stats.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • 5 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Your stats are okay for basic sss. Thats about what mine are, I also play sss. Nah 4500 isn't a big sample size, just short term variance. Your only down 4.5 buyins, so thats okay. Sure an upswing is on its way.

If your sure your playing the way your supposed to with the sss I wouldn't worry too much about it. Might try reading the articles on table selection, maybe your playing at too tight of a table. Try not to complete sb too much and careful when playing from the blinds, hitting top pair with okay kicker can sometimes get you in trouble. Also rereading the sss articles might not be a bad idea, visit posting forum, watch videos, attend coachings, etc, etc. You get the idea.

Matt.
    • Koskos
      Koskos
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply straddler.

I've been doing what you said, reading watching videos some coachings,
      and i constantly evaluate my game in PT i still do mistakes but not many of them,
      and i started to use stats.

But the thing is now after 14k hands I'm in the same spot again currently down 3BI's i have had a short upswing and was up 8BI's but since then again back to this.

So the question is, is such ups and downs ok for sss? and well i hope i can finally break this cycle.
    • Rakoth666
      Rakoth666
      Bronze
      4BIs over 4,5k hands? Trust me that's nothing :D I have a really lovely 20BIs downswing over 6k hands on NL50 the last 3 days, and it hurts a lot :D
    • brutti
      brutti
      Bronze
      May I ask what BI stands for?

Thanks in advance.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      @brutti: BI= Buy-In

Koskos, your downswing is really not so bad. Take the opportunity to review and improve your game, as you said you are doing. SSS can be much more swingy as that. I`m also recovering from a bad 20BI down in less than 10K hands (I also play NL25). I recovered $37 in my first 110 (yes, one hundred and ten) hands yesterday. Talk about swings eh.