SH Preflop

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I play 1/2 SH and have been using the silver preflop charts. I am a little sketchy on the approx charts, meaning I have heard a few different things. Are they still good or outdated?

If they are outdated, what parts are not good anymore?

If not, at what time or level is there a good time to implement these charts into my game? Is 1/2 still too loose for these charts or will they be effective?

I already do use, of course, the ORC. I also use chart 4, calling (w/o implied odds) I've read that chart 4 is only for the blinds though and not other positions. I hope this is correct because that's all I use it for.

Also, even in using the approx chart, will there always be a use for the silver charts? I notice that the approx chart doesn't account for certain situations (ex-multiple limpers, etc).

I know these are a lot of questions, but I want to improve my preflop game, so any feedback would be much appreciated.
  • 4 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi strat9,

the SH approx charts arent outdated at all. You can use them all.

Use them as soon as you have stats about your opponent and play with the silver chart against unknowns. You can use the silver chart if a situation isn't handled by the approx charts.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Interesting... ciRith I was asking about gold charts (=approximation charts) and I was told that gold charts are out of date...

Regards

TTT
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TTT241
      Interesting... ciRith I was asking about gold charts (=approximation charts) and I was told that gold charts are out of date...

Regards

TTT
      Yep you used the FR part and I said that the SHC on it is outdated. All other charts on it are still fine as well as all SH charts. :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Thanks for starting this thread strat9... I had the same uncertainty and this has cleared things up. :D