PartyPoker Account

• barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hello,

first of all, I would like to thank you for this great site, lots of useful content can be found here and I'm glad I can be part of this community.

Now to my question. Yesterday, I've passed the quiz and registered on PartyPoker (I've followed the step by step guide). When creating the account, I clicked "Deposit", filled all my personal data and bonus code in and was redirected to "Deposit options" page. I closed that as I was told to in the guide. If I remember correctly in the guide was written that PokerStrategy will at first send $1 to my account and it will be converted to real money account. However, I don't know if it's supposed to happen instantly or if I have to wait for PS to review my enquiry. I've read here in the forums that before I get those $50 I can take part in freerolls and it won't affect my right for that bonus. But I can't join any freeroll tournament because I'm told by the PP software I must have a real money account.

Could someone please explain me the process how this all works as I probably misunderstood it.

P.S.: I have a $49 bonus in my account's bonus section but I can't claim it. That is normal, right?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
      Barrelhead
  • 2 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello barrelhead,

The filling in of your information turns your account into a 'real money' account. The actual transfer of the money can then take another 24-48 hours (although your bronze status indicates you have already received the starting capital).

You should now have a restricted $49 in your account which you can play with - and which will be cleared once you have collected 300 PartyPoints.

Now that you are ready to get started I can only recommend you download the Elephant so that you can track your hands. This way you can post problematic hands on the hand evaluation boards in while analysing your stats and graphing your progress.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • barrelhead
      barrelhead
      Bronze
      Hi,

you are correct. I've received the starting capital a while ago. I'm going to download the Elephant and read bronze strategy articles. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
      Barrelhead