NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.10)
      BB ($54.15)
      UTG ($29.25)
      UTG+1 ($34.10)
      CO ($37.55)
      Hero ($25)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.85, fold, Hero raises to $2.90, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $2.05,

FLOP ($6.15) A:diamond: A:spade: 4:club:

check, Hero bets $3.50, UTG+1 calls $3.50,

TURN ($13.15) A:diamond: A:spade: 4:club: 5:spade:

check, Hero bets $7, UTG+1 calls $7,

RIVER ($27.15) A:diamond: A:spade: 4:club: 5:spade: K:spade:

check, check,
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      It's ok to 3bet pre-flop. It's also ok to call. That will depend on the opponent, on your table image, etc.

The good thing about 3betting is that you're not only playing for set value. And if you do hit your set, it's easier to stack him.

As played,
      Can we consider this a wa/wb situation? If he has the A, you're pretty much dead. If he doesn't, I think it's likely that he has a PP, I don't think he would call you on the flop with something else after you 3bet him on the flop.

I would try to get cheaply to the showdown. I'd check behind turn and maybe call a riverbet.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I actually like 3betting small PPs for deception, high PPs for value. That leaves flatting IP with mid ones, as they have good playability even if we dont hit a set.
      You can certainly 3bet him,especially when he's been active in the last hands.
      As played,I'd check behind turn and probably fold to a river bet.His line looks like an Ace, or at least 99+
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      I actually like 3betting small PPs for deception, high PPs for value. That leaves flatting IP with mid ones, as they have good playability even if we dont hit a set.
      You can certainly 3bet him,especially when he's been active in the last hands.
      As played,I'd check behind turn and probably fold to a river bet.His line looks like an Ace, or at least 99+
      +1
      Once they c/c on the flop, seems that a lot of times they won´t fold turn, so I´m happy to give up here.