FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

• KTU
      KTU
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Why do you give players training and money to play?
      We lover poker, just like you do. Every player needs to sign a contract and will give us a share of their winnings for a specific amount of games. The exact numbers here are depending on your previous results and experience and your initial stakes. In return the player gets a world class education and we take all the risk.

How much time will I spend on this project?
      We are focusing on players who are taking Spin & Go's seriously and therefore can commit a lot of this time in this project. This is important, because sufficient profit can only be generated through a high volume and a lot of study hours on top.

Can I still play on other rooms and other games?
      With your own bankroll you are allowed to play other games on other rooms as long as you not playing any kind of jackpot SNGs. However, we expect our players to play an agreed minimum of Spins every month.

How much bankroll will I receive?
      We will always provide you with a sufficient bankroll to comfortable play at your stakes. In practice you will receive 30-40 buy-Ins as first bankroll and reloads of 30 buy-Ins in case you are going through a down swing.

On what limit will I start playing?
      We have been thinking about this topic a lot and we came to the conclusion that it is best for most players to start on a low limit and move up the stakes quickly. It takes some time to get used to our approach and it is best to have the basic right. We are reviewing your progress every 500 Spins and our coaches will send you to higher limits every time your EV results are good enough. You will not stay on the same limit for long.

How do I get my bankroll? When can I withdraw profits?
      We use Neteller for most transactions. You will receive your bankroll after you got accepted and were able to pass a quiz that shows that you have studied your first SpinLegends strategy. You can contact us to withdraw your winnings at any time. The only condition for cashing out winnings is that you have won more than 60 buy-Ins at this point. Also we review your results in the end of every month and might suggest a cash out from our end.

What happens if I lose my bankroll?
      In this case you will receive reloads and enter a make up phase. This means, you have to recover your initial bankroll and reloads first. After that you can make winnings again. In the make up phase 100% of your winnings are used to recover your bankroll and previous losses.

Do I have to buy PT4?
      At the moment you become member of our gold team, we will provide PT4 to you. We will pay the bill. More infos on PokerTracker4

How do you track my results?
      In the end of every month we will ask you send us a PokerStars player audit. This audit shows us all the Spin & Go's that you have played.

Feel free to ask us more questions in this thread. In case your question is of general interest, we will add it here or answer to you in this thread.

Interested? Apply now!
  • 190 replies
    • Zeezout
      Zeezout
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Very interesting!

What kind of volume in Spins are you talking about?
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Zeezout,

a high volume - this ain't be for the kids that want to win the quick buck in a few weeks, because we are interested in a long term relationship with all apprentices! The exact amount will also depend on your own experience, as the lower in the limits we start, naturally the longer it also takes you on average to climb the limits and reach the top of the Spins.
      Exact figures will be communicated very early in the application process.
    • Zeezout
      Zeezout
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks for your response.

Clearly it's a serious project, understood, but its always good to know what's expected before rushing in something. After all, you want to be sure to be able to do a good job ;)
    • Chesshitsch
      Chesshitsch
      Bronze
      Is only the international site of pokerstars allowed for staking?
    • KTU
      KTU
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Chesshitsch
      Is only the international site of pokerstars allowed for staking?
      Hey chesshitsch,

Most players are playing on PokerStars.com, but since the format is similar in .FR, .IT & .ES, we accept those too. Please mention in your application if you play in any other player pool than .COM
      Thx
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      hi is this only for pokerstars or can one be staked for ipoker sping and gos
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      hi is this only for pokerstars or can one be staked for ipoker sping and gos
      Hi Agiz19, thank you for your interest! It is definitively possible to run this on Twisters as they are very similar to Spin&Go's. Please mention in your application that you want to go for that and ideally provide any graphs you already have for Twisters or any other games on Ipoker.
    • MichalS94
      MichalS94
      Bronze
      Hi, I am big fan of your project and i am interesting about it and i have question because my english isn't so good. What skill of english i need for this project. Thank you
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Silver
      Originally posted by KTU

With your own bankroll you are allowed to play other games on other rooms as long as you not playing any kind of jackpot SNGs. However, we expect our players to play an agreed minimum of Spins every month.
      Does this mean if we play the Spins on PS we can't play tournaments and others on there? Seeing as it has most of the big tournaments on the net this is a rather big downside...

Plus what kind of experience/proof of previous play do you require? If you are teaching your strategy 'from scratch' then isn't all that's needed a commitment to play your strategy with volume (and the necessary study time etc.)?
    • FlyingSheep
      FlyingSheep
      Bronze
      Do you also take applications in german language, or only in english?
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by MichalS94
      Hi, I am big fan of your project and i am interesting about it and i have question because my english isn't so good. What skill of english i need for this project. Thank you
      - you should be able to communicate in writing in English (i.e. Skype)
      - you should be able to understand coaching sessions about Poker ->do you understand our English videos? If yes, that is a good indicator
      - so, Listening & understanding should be good, speaking is not really necessary unless you do reviews with the coaches together in live sessions, most things can be done in writing.

Originally posted by Vaars
      Originally posted by KTU

Does this mean if we play the Spins on PS we can't play tournaments and others on there? Seeing as it has most of the big tournaments on the net this is a rather big downside...

Plus what kind of experience/proof of previous play do you require? If you are teaching your strategy 'from scratch' then isn't all that's needed a commitment to play your strategy with volume (and the necessary study time etc.)?
      - You can play any other games you like at your own risk & profit. We would only ask you to commit to a certain amount of time to be spent for Spins (learning, visiting coachings, playing) to make it worthwile both for you and us

- This project is not for "beginner-beginners" :-) So, pot-odds, odds&outs, hand ranking, flush draws, positions etc should be your second nature. Describing in detail about your previous experience helps us to put everyone in the correct study group. There will be guys who start on low(est) limits & learn the basics of Spin&Go strategy, while others will already have good foundations and learn how to differentiate between different opponents & use different ranges.

Originally posted by FlyingSheep
      Do you also take applications in german language, or only in english?
      While both KTU and me are German, we would ask you to submit the application in English, as the rest of the team is not German. We are discussing with coaches & our member-managers on how to proceed with everyone, so English would be really required.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Very general question, I realise, but is there an absolute minimum volume required in order to be eligible? Thanks in advance.
    • KTU
      KTU
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      Very general question, I realise, but is there an absolute minimum volume required in order to be eligible? Thanks in advance.
      Hi DannyG13,

thanks for your question. Yes, there is a minimum volume required. The exact number of Spins depends on your own experience and you starting stakes. But I can tell you that we are only looking for players that can devote a lot of time for this project. We are aiming for long term relationships with our students. It's best to compare it with a university degree as tt takes time and committent to succeed at the highest stakes. Exact figures will be communicated very early in the application process.

Best,
      KTU
    • Xanham
      Xanham
      Gold
      How many people will be (roughly) selected for each of the three levels? I imagine that average ROI will drop significantly if you train / introduce a large number of quality players to the high stakes.

How strict is the minimum volume, i.e. what happens if it is not met due to holidays, illness/injury etc.?

Is it allowed to blog and / or stream while grinding that strategy?
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Xanham,

players will be allowed to go on holidays and if exams/illnesses occur, they will not result in us throwing players out. However, you should make it clear in the application that you want to be in and want to commit seriously to the project. So if you are busy doing overtime at work in general and want to play 2 hours every evening - we will not have good news for you.

When it comes to the levels:
      - Silver level will not have strict restrictions as it is for us a gateway to "where real money is made". Here it is about learning the basics and about leaving this group as fast as possible. I guess here a bigger group is even an advantage because learning the basics together and sharing thoughts will be extra beneficial in this big pool on the micros.
      - for gold and diamond we don't have set numbers in mind, but we will scale in several ways with the size of groups:
      * increase the coaches team
      * create study groups for specific problems
      * differentiate more, meaning that factors like Buy In will create an additional split in groups
      I know, it is not concrete numbers now - but we'll also need to see how well we're running from the start & how big the participation in sessions is.
    • jolyjohn
      jolyjohn
      Bronze
      Hi there.

I have a chance to be a silver player by this community. My question is do anybody know from where i can find an english language page? i just find everything in spanish. I mean i have no idea from where i will able to get videos,posts and all the staff like that.

Thanks

(Just moved my question from the other forum because it was not on a right place)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey jolyjohn, it will be all on PokerStrategy.com. Once your application is successful and you're a member of a particular SpinLegends group, you will get additional rights to see forum boards and videos that are not visible to the non-SpinLegends-members.
    • jolyjohn
      jolyjohn
      Bronze
      Hey Marta

Thank you for your help.

In this case i will send over all the paperwork for them what they requested.
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You're welcome & good luck :)