worst downswing ever

• NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      guys Im on a gigantic downswing - for one month my bankroll has fallen from 800 to 300$ (the ones that I made a deposit with)
      In that time Ive cleared 430$ of my bonus
      so that makes a loss of 930$ for two weeks!!!
      My sss career on nl100 didnt go well (I lost 350$), so I went back to nl20sh, which I used to play prior to making the deposit
      very, very bad beats!
      I tried SH, FR, even tried moving down to nl10
      same s**t!!!
      Ive been losing to total donks that hit their backdoor flushes, full houses, quads.... AFTER THEY MOVE IN ON ME!!!
      the last guy that I played called my top two pair shove with a pair of sevens and hit 2 more sevens on the turn and the river
      I hate life, I hate poker, Im almost sure that the f****ng game is luck only
      I cannot say that I did not make mistakes - nobody's perfect, but no matter how good I play, trap and own the stupid donks they suck out on me EVERY TIME
      I allready know most of the answers that Ill get - read some articles, post some hands....
      The thing is that I dont need advices like this right now.
      I play fine for my limit - Im not the best player on it, but Im not a losing one either
      I play good imo, but the thing that frustrates me most is that most of the times I dont lose, cause I lack skill - Im usually a favourite at the moment that I show my cards, but afterwards most times I lose, no matter that the villain has 10% or 20% odds to win
      and thats for two weeks already - Ive lost most of my bankroll
      Im really thinking about withdrawing the rest of my money and ending my poker career
  • 9 replies
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze

thats my chart since the beginning of the month
      the samplesize is 34353 hands
      my OVERALL Vpip and Pfr (many of the hands are at SH tables, so I played a bit looser there) are 14,3 and 11,8
      handrange showdown is 3,8%
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      take some time off you might not be playing your A game
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Ive been losing most of my 3-1 flips to last 3-4 days, I lost 500$
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I went through something like this myself recently, though not as bad

dont bother reading articles or posting hands, just take a break completely for a week or two then have another think about things

even if you have been playing perfectly until now that is going to change really quick, you are on megatilt and your game is going to suffer for sure, making things even worse.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      That graph is very swingy, I think you are tilting heavily, aren't you?
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Balanarm
      That graph is very swingy, I think you are tilting heavily, aren't you?
      nope - fighting tilt as hard as I can and I think Ive done a good job
      its swingy because usually I lose my whole stack with nut hands that lose on the next streets after I go all in (for example top flush that loses against a full house, a full house that loses against improved top two pair etc...)
      I can post some hands if you want, but I dont think that its worth it because you cannot discuss much on them - its pure bad luck
      maybe I didnt play right to maximize my profit but I played good in most of these cases and I lose to 2 or 3 outer
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      You're saying one thing and one thing only - it's not me, it's bad luck, there can't be anything else!

It can and it is. When you're losing so much you're on tilt because you can't control your actions anymore and you wish to "get the money back" - big mistake.

Take a timeout. Don't think about poker, lost pots, losing against 2 outer, etc. Go out and do something else for at least 10 days. After that you'll be able to look at it from another perspective and that is - Ok, I lost more than half of my BR but I can beat NL20 like I did it before. And try it again. If you really gonna try it again you need a timeout or you're gonna loose all your money, your pride and ego will be crushed.

Had a downswing from 600€ to 250€ in two weeks. I tilted big time and after 2 week break I started playing again. And I came back to 900€.

The problem is you probably tried to clear your bonus too fast and played too much. It influences your game you just don't see it or feel it.

Wish you all the best man! Overcome it and restore your confidence back! Good luck!
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      nrg

i feel the exact same way as you man, ive lost quite a bit as well, im down to a ridiculous amount and i am happy to report im now playing way above my br... $100 and nl25.

i really dont know what is wrong, the only way i came to discuss your downswing is because we are so similar that i may answer my own problems

so. you are sure you have been losing to suckouts or have you forgotten the times you were behind? mine are suckouts. i know because i always go all in when im ahead and i lost to.. well.. suckouts.

man after that downswing you HAVE to consider tilt.

and on another note, nl100 and ss? surely they know exactly your game after a while, i would think that they are pretty advanced there. go back to nl25, grind it and then move to nl100 with 1k.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      nrg

i feel the exact same way as you man, ive lost quite a bit as well, im down to a ridiculous amount and i am happy to report im now playing way above my br... $100 and nl25.

i really dont know what is wrong, the only way i came to discuss your downswing is because we are so similar that i may answer my own problems

so. you are sure you have been losing to suckouts or have you forgotten the times you were behind? mine are suckouts. i know because i always go all in when im ahead and i lost to.. well.. suckouts.

man after that downswing you HAVE to consider tilt.

and on another note, nl100 and ss? surely they know exactly your game after a while, i would think that they are pretty advanced there. go back to nl25, grind it and then move to nl100 with 1k.
      Ill try to answer to you both, because I see the thing in common of both posts - TILT!
      As I told you in the last months my best achievement is overcoming tilt in most cases (or at least overcome it by not playing for couple of minutes)
      So MOST of my hands weren't influenced by tilt - Im sure of it
      as I told you I can give you the hand histories and you will see that MOST of them (not all of them of course, but maybe at least 70%) are due to very bad luck - Im a tight player and I put my money in the pot when I see that Im ahead

about the sss on NL100 - I had a bankroll of 600$ when I started playing and it went up to 900$
      thats when the downswing started
      I lost day after day
      on the next one I just looked at my bankroll, accepted it and tried playing my best game - not winning money
      if I had lost due to bad play and superior opponents it would be ok
      but to lose on a regular basis against a donk with 2 or 3 outs that loses his money to the next player that goes allin against him - I dont like that
      so thank you for your help
      I moved down the limits now
      withdrawed most of my bankroll and got a fresh start - 50$
      so wish me luck! :D