SSS 6-max - dont try this at home

• delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      A couple of people have told me they play a variation of SSS in shorthanded games and make $hitloads of money. Today I tried it myself on nl25 - after 1,000 hands I have winrate of over 20bb/hh.

I know it is very swingy, it is a tiny sample size and variance will probably kick me in the teeth soon, but seeing how fishy the games are I am almost convinced it can be extremely profitable long term. Nl25 SH seems much fishier than nl10 FR.

Since there is no strategy articles available I am making it up as I go along, based on SSS FR and BSS SH articles and making decisions based on feel, but would like to make up my own SHC, openraise and steal charts etc.

Has anyone else been successful at SSS SH, and anyone have advice/theories on this?
  • 20 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Some guys in the dutch forum have adjusted the preflop starting hands chart for SH. Not sure about details.
      A really good shortstacker can play +ev SSS even HU, as he is adjusting to his opponents range.
      Good luck
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Of course you can be a winning player with SSS in SH games, but is not optimal.
      The optimal stack for SH is 8 BB and no site allows to buy for 8 BB's.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      ah. So you're one of the guys ruining our tables :D . If some ss'er comes sit on my left I mostly just leave or sit-out until I get picked from the table to anoy people and force the ss'er to play at least 5-handed. Every now and then they're gonna get the variance shower just for fun (read 'call with any two every time untill I win').
    • maroxyde
      maroxyde
      Bronze
      there is a guy from Russian forum playing SSS SH on NL5K, so it definitely can be +EV.
      and what is an "optimal stack for SH"? why is it 8BB not anything else?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      I have better things to do with my life, so I hope this helps:

Edited by cannell555: Site has affiliate links on it. Rule number 3 of the forum rules Board Rules
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      thanks for replies
      since very few people play SSS SH, people on shorthand tables tend to have no idea what a shortstacker is, they play it just like any other player

can anyone help with advice on starting handranges, reraise ranges stealranges etc?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I'm not helping you.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      I will be grateful if somebody give us more information about SSS SH. I`m just curious to find what exactly is that and maybe to test it.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      I'm not helping you.
      :D :D :D

No one wants more shortstackers.....
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I'll give you one piece of info. No one that plays SSS SH has a starting hands chart!!
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      I'm not helping you.
      :D :D :D

No one wants more shortstackers.....
      +1
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      I'll give you one piece of info. No one that plays SSS SH has a starting hands chart!!
      False! :)

I have a friend, guy who brought me to PS, from my university. He's made about 80k in the last year or so SSS sh. Had a chart of some sort, used to discuss it in the forum.

edit, Just looked and theres alot of people trying it. A guy i just saw 2.76bb/100 over about 30k hands so def can be done
    • rcartaxo
      rcartaxo
      Bronze
      http://es.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread...r=509686&page=8
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      First FR.. Now.. SH... :f_cry:
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      So it has begun!

And so thy prophet must calm us, alas the end is upon and even the smallest banks will go rot.

Cooko 9:11
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      Would sort of make sence, people are playing looser on 6 handed. More action when you first hit a hand
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      A couple of people have told me they play a variation of SSS in shorthanded games and make $hitloads of money. Today I tried it myself on nl25 - after 1,000 hands I have winrate of over 20bb/hh.
      forget it!
      sss sh is something for players like nl400 and above
      if u trie it u will lose a lot of money.

we talked a lot about sss sh in the german forum
      the result of the discussion was that's sss sh have no future potential anymore because in limits like 400+ u'll mostly find 50bb+ tabels.
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      Since there is no strategy articles available I am making it up as I go along, based on SSS FR and BSS SH articles and making decisions based on feel, but would like to make up my own SHC, openraise and steal charts etc.

Has anyone else been successful at SSS SH, and anyone have advice/theories on this?
      Playing in a SH game is the same thing as playing in a FR game where the first 4 players have folded. Being UTG in a SH game is the same thing as being MP2 in a FR game where UTG,UTG1,UTG2 and MP1 have folded.

It's not true that you have to play more hands because you pay the blinds more often.

I always believed that I have to play more hands in SH because I pay the blinds more often until I read this old 2+2 thread:
      http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=micro&Number=2536762&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

I hope I don't break any rules. I've seen other 2+2 links on pokerstrategy so I assume 2+2 links are allowed.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ah. So you're one of the guys ruining our tables :D . If some ss'er comes sit on my left I mostly just leave or sit-out until I get picked from the table to anoy people and force the ss'er to play at least 5-handed. Every now and then they're gonna get the variance shower just for fun (read 'call with any two every time untill I win').
      where do you play?