[NL20-NL50] NL 25 SH: AKs

• 6 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think I'm just calling.
      you don't have to protect here, since you're drawing to the nuts. You're driving flush draws out of the hand. But you want them to be in the hand cause you can stack them when the flush hits.

If he has a made hand already, such as 2P or a set, he'll continue to invest money, even if the flush draw hits and you can still probably stack him. With these hands however, he might shove after your reraise and you can't really call a shove.

I think you're losing value when you 3bet him there.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

you don't have to protect here
      he cant protect something he doesnt have :D
      You're driving flush draws out of the hand.
      No FD is donking in order to fold to a raise. Any FD(or other donking draw) will shove over a raise, thats the idea of donking a draw in the first place.

If he has a made hand already, such as 2P or a set, he'll continue to invest money, even if the flush draw hits and you can still probably stack him. With these hands however, he might shove after your reraise and you can't really call a shove.
      We can call a shove here,especially after we raised. He is donking small to mid pocket pairs or second and third pairs or draws here more often than strong hands, the board is unlikely to have hit us and he doesnt want to c/c and have a turn card w/o initiative and position. On the other hand he cant really get all the money in with a strong hand by betting 3 streets, he is most likely to c/r with it.

We can certainly call IP, as we have more than enough equity. I like the aggressive approuch though, he is folding stronger hands(stronger than A high lol) so often that this play is +ev anytime.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      just to add that very often we get a free river if we play our draws aggressively ;)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      You're right. There's no draw that would donk and fold to a reraise. The odds are just way too good. What a silly idea of mine :P

However, do you really think a FD will shove after the reraise?
      Cause if he's doing that, then we can call the shove. I tend to think that's he's only shoving with 2 pair or better and in that case we cannot call a shove.
      I've seen people donking with monster hands very often.
      Of course there aren't many possibilities for big hands on this board. But still there are a few, 88, 66, 86.

I find it more likely he'll call the 3bet with draw.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I thijnk both call and raise is fine on the flop.
      Just when you raise you have to go with your hand on the flop.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Once we raise, we have to call a shove, no matter what he is shoving here.
      Just as likely draws cannot just flat our raise. They are OOP and will have to give on the turn if they miss.