This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] TT 3bet pot

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      What if he pushes flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $33,22
      Hero:
      $32,10
      MP2:
      $6,00
      MP3:
      $9,59
      CO:
      $14,68
      BU:
      $27,29

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:club: , T:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, Hero raises to $4,50, BU calls $3,50, SB folds.

Flop: ($10,00) 4:heart: , 8:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,50, BU folds.

Final Pot: $17,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and eights (Tc Td)

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and eights (Tc Td)
  • 7 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      If he raises the flop you can fold I think. You're representing a big pair. If he wants to bluff here he will have to invest a lot of money while having no or little fold equity from his point of view! If it would be a bluff, well good for him but you're having a great chance gonna stack him later on.
      You could consider betting a little bit less on the flop (like $6.75 or $7) on this board. I think that will have the same results, but save you money when he raises.

I think you made one mistake though: Showing your hand :D . I think that's really bad in this hand!
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I didn't show my hand.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Oke, it sais so in the results, but maybe it always does that?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Yes, it always does.
      TT is kinda border line. On a 7 high board Im calling him. On this board JJ would be my going broke minimum. But, he is a regular, and has nice TAGGish stats, he is aggressive and knows that your big bet on the flop means vulnerability(since you have nothing to protect from), that is a medium pocket pair or Ax. He might bluffraise a lot, and thats why against this player Im calling a shove.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Are you sure I am showing weakness by doing this? I mean I bet the aces for the same amount here usually and I rarely c/r these situations, do I do anything wrong?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well your bet is kinda big. Im not saying to c/r, but normally you can bet only 1/2 pot with AA on such a good board, as you have nothing to protect against and can get it in easily with a smaller bet.
      You are certainly doing nothing wrong.But a TAGGish player can interpret it as a weakness, and this one in particular may shove with weaker hands.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against that opponent I´m getting stack here with TT.
      So when he min-raises flop, I´d shove.