where does it stop?

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      where the hell will this stop?

please explain how it is that i will get hit by the variance ONLY when i am in an all in situation.

my last 5 stacks:

slowplays kk, i raise with AA, he calls, Q87 flop, i shove he shoves, hey a king comes down

another hand: AK preflop i raise i get a caller. rags down. i check he checks. i then put them on AQ or AJ. A on the turn. I bet, they minraise, i shove, they hav AQ, river is a Q

third hand: I get AT, T93 on the flop. i bet, get a caller. 7 on the turn, he shoves, i put him on straight draw. i call, he has a straight draw, sees a j and completes it on river.

on button with KJ suited. 2 limpers, i raise, get called. flush draw, all check. q makes a flush for me. i shove i get called with A5 offsuit. another diamond. i am meat.

THEY SUCKOUT WHEN I AM ALL IN. I EVEN GUESS THEIR HANDS AND STILL GET ROYALLY FUCKED. FUCKING FULLTILT WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS DURING THE WEEKENDS EH.

BY THE WAY, HOW PROFITABLE IS TO SHOVE THE TURJNN ON A DRAW THAT ISNT EVEN NUT? EVERYONE DOES IT. OF COURSE THIS DOESNT WORK FOR ME EVER

and again.

44 on the sb, i call, get raised, call

783 on the flop. now the guy on the bb has lost 2 stacks in the most idiotic way up to now, total fish, my notes on him are that he raises and really believes in AK and if he has pairs he slowplays it.

he raises flop, i shove, he calls, SURE ENOUGH hes got AK. K on the river.
      nice
  • 21 replies
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I feel for you, such things happen, you must feel as a winner because you have your money in good, that's it, variance will smooth it. I had big downswing recently aswell, constant coolers, look what happened to me in 2 hours of playing.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      yes?

my last hand

just to see WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON. I FUCKING WANT TO CRY. LOOK

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($5)
      CO ($4)
      Button ($14.25)
      SB ($25.70)
      BB ($22.40)
      Hero (UTG) ($25.80)
      UTG+1 ($18.65)
      MP2 ($25.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
      Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, SB raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.50) 4, 5, 10 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7

Turn: ($20.50) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $15.70 (All-In), Hero calls $15.70

River: ($51.90) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $51.90 | Rake: $2.55

Results:
      SB had Q, Q (flush, Queen high).
      Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and tens).
      Outcome: SB won $49.35

DISREGARD MY SLOWPLAY IT WAS MY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AS THE GUY ON THE LEFT WAS A CALLING STATION AND THE RAISER HAD RAISED 5 TIMES IN A ROW

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ive been screaming, broke a vase and my mouse

this IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS I WANT HIM TO DIE AND USE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR HIS FUNERAL I AM SO ANNOYED YOU SAY PLAY RIGHT POKER YOU WILL GET PAID. WILL I FUCK

EVERY TIME I AM ALL IN THEY SUCKOUT WITH ONE CARD TO COME ONLY. EVERY FUCKING TIME. HAVE I SUCKED OUT WHEN BEHIND? YES. 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS I HAVE COUNTED TO HELP ME RELAX AFTER A BAD BEAT.

NOW? NOW WHAT? HOW AM I GOING TO PLAY AND TRUST THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET LUCKY?

FUCK THEM

CUNTS
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      how is this possiblle?

the more i think of it the more i get pissed off. what is happening, is this rigged to favor people that are not regulars?

is it because they know i will be here again tomorrow?
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      That last AA hand has "TILT" written all over it IMO. Sure, as it turned out, you were actually ahead on the turn, but what the hell did you think you could beat when he shoves turn? All the draws have gotten there, and by only minraising SB preflop you're encouraging him to call with any marginal hand that can suck out on aces... so any two hearts or 78 are definitely in his range.

I say just take some time off. Now before you flame me :D , I just want to say that I've had similar kind of shit happening to me... over the course of ONE DAY. I actually considered gambling whatever BR I had left in one NL100 table and either double up or quit poker for good, because I was investing so much time in it without any return.

But hey, I hope you look back on this downswing one day and laugh it off. Poker is like a business venture. Remember, some of the most successful businessmen in the world today have had to endure years of failure upon failure. There is a saying that goes: "The most successful people are also those who have failed the most", because most people who fail once just give up on it.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      if you cant handle such negative swings, just stop your session when it hits, so you avoid making mistakes
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I was very annoyed by my recent downswing, but it all passed and I am winning again, you will do the same! Just take some time off, look what happened to me in 2k hands.

This month on party!
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      ive been screaming, broke a vase and my mouse

this IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS I WANT HIM TO DIE AND USE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR HIS FUNERAL I AM SO ANNOYED YOU SAY PLAY RIGHT POKER YOU WILL GET PAID. WILL I FUCK

EVERY TIME I AM ALL IN THEY SUCKOUT WITH ONE CARD TO COME ONLY. EVERY FUCKING TIME. HAVE I SUCKED OUT WHEN BEHIND? YES. 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS I HAVE COUNTED TO HELP ME RELAX AFTER A BAD BEAT.

NOW? NOW WHAT? HOW AM I GOING TO PLAY AND TRUST THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET LUCKY?

FUCK THEM

CUNTS
      Seriously... get some anger management or something. You want him to die? If you can't relax when that happens stop playing.

Look at it from his view.. he played that hand good. If you wanna slow play aces (your small re-raise pre-flop still makes it a slow play) be prepared to get beats like that.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. You broke stuff? just because of that??? I had the same thing happen to me both all-in flop without slow play.. and he gets runner runner flush. Other time both-all in pre-flop and he gets a one card flush vs my AA.
      Quit poker... before you break your PC and other things.. that or get help. Seriously just observe yourself and see how your acting
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      man try losing 250 bucks in 5 hours just because people get ridiculously lucky

and yes i slowplayed AA and he would have called every single time, dont see how he would have folded, my initial limp was the slowplay, after that it was pretty standard.

yes i broke my mouse. so what

what pissed me off the most is that he started saying that this is what he wants and he perhaps is the best in poker.

pissed me off too right.

dont want him to die. wouldnt care if he did either tho.
    • jack12344
      jack12344
      Global
      I had/have the same problems ... but I made a little progress... for example if I think there is even 1% that opponent have better hand then I fold.

A month ago when I had AA then I get "all in" right away, now I do that only if am almost 100% to have the best hand possible.

Also I try to get rid of bluffers and "lucky" players right after the flop ... if I think I have really good hands then I raise for a lot. This scare away most of those guys who are hopping to get flush or something on turn/river.

Also don't play to many tables and try to read your opponents ... when does he/she raise/call ... with this you should be able to win more.

Anyway you will always loss, even the best players in the world loss all the time ... important thing is just that you win more then you loss.

Those things work for me, am trying to improve my game all the time. I hope you success as well.

Jack.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jack12344
      I had/have the same problems ... but I made a little progress... for example if I think there is even 1% that opponent have better hand then I fold.

A month ago when I had AA then I get "all in" right away, now I do that only if am almost 100% to have the best hand possible.

Also I try to get rid of bluffers and "lucky" players right after the flop ... if I think I have really good hands then I raise for a lot. This scare away most of those guys who are hopping to get flush or something on turn/river.

Also don't play to many tables and try to read your opponents ... when does he/she raise/call ... with this you should be able to win more.

Anyway you will always loss, even the best players in the world loss all the time ... important thing is just that you win more then you loss.

Those things work for me, am trying to improve my game all the time. I hope you success as well.

Jack.
      Man that's hell wrong attidute, if you are 90% sure you are ahead you must go for it, as poker is about ranged, if his weaker part of range is quite big(enough to get you right odds) then u go for it.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      My advice, is please don't go over your bankroll this things happen, unfortunatly no matter how good you are. I'm also having this problems (on the same limit) losing stacks over and over again. but I'm a bankroll nit so it's annoying but it shall pass eventually

@jack:
      If you know you are 5% ahead of his range go in ( variance please come, thank you)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      another fine example of full tilt poker

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($4.05)
      UTG ($1.95)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      MP1 ($4)
      MP2 ($8.95)
      MP3 ($5.90)
      CO ($2.35)
      Button ($2.45)
      SB ($13.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 2
      2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.35) Q, 2, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP1 raises to $0.90, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.95 (All-In), MP1 calls $3 (All-In)

Turn: ($8.15) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($8.15) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $8.15 | Rake: $0.80

Results:
      Hero had 8, 2 (two pair, Queens and eights).
      MP1 had Q, 10 (three of a kind, Queens).
      Outcome: MP1 won $7.35

yesterday i lost three stacks AA vs QQ both villains made straight and KK vs A9 villain makes SET of nines on tirn and river...

is someone out to get me?

i got $13 because of all these bad beats. when does the bleeding stop?

is there ANY chance of a change in fortunes? all i am asking for is simply to keep ahead when i am 3/1 and 4/1 favorite. too much to ask?
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Looks like you overplayed the BB more then a bad beat.

Fold to the reraise IMO.

EDIT:

Actually. Go back and reread the strategy articles. You sit with $4 on NL10. If you play SSS you should leave at $2.5 and if you play BSS you should play with $10+. Its a good idea to know the basic strategies before you go into battle.

Onward....

....and shrug it off. :D

EDIT 2:

Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, SB raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50

You did not slowplay here, more like the QQ guy slowplayed you. You limped AA. No need to get that fancy on NL10. Just do a normal raise. If the QQ 3bets, you 4bet. And then shov/call the flop if you get called.

If you insist on the limp you should 3bet $4.5-5 preflop, cause you minraised and thats not really a good move. A larger reraise to show strength and to get value if you get called. And shov the flop.

If I was the SB I probably would have played the same way preflop.
      The tells you are giving are weak, limp/minraise. I would not fold QQ to that either.

If you want to see bad beats, check out Snodreliss's $1000 pot HU hand, and I'm sure I can find the hand when I lost AA vs AA for $100. If you tilt, stop playing for the session. Breaking stuff is a good indication.

If you cant stop tilting over time, stop playing poker.(And read my signature.)

And I just want to stress the fact that if you spend to much energy focusing on the bad hands, they will overshadow every other hand.

And stop breaking things. :]

And now Im done.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($8.15)
      UTG ($3.90)
      MP1 ($4.45)
      MP2 ($7.60)
      CO ($10.45)
      Hero (Button) ($2.25)
      SB ($4.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 10, 8, 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.55, Hero calls $1.05 (All-In)

Turn: ($4.65) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.65) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.65 | Rake: $0.45

he had made a straight with 7Jhearts

he was playing like that, raising every hand
      so, same guy, 2 hands later.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($8.25)
      SB ($3.90)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($9.55)
      MP1 ($10.45)
      Hero (MP2) ($2)
      CO ($4)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 10
      UTG raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2 (All-In), 4 folds, UTG calls $1.65

Flop: ($4.15) 9, J, Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($4.15) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.15) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.15 | Rake: $0.40

he had deuces

just my luck?

unbelievable
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      fold AT against a raise (in fact fold AT in mid position) , 22 was ahead...

just stop playing, and read articles i think you are tilting money away
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      but im playing well i read them GOOD.

AT against maniac is not a bad shove. the guy kept raising in every round. had to be called.

and my QQ?

how am i tilting dollars away?

it is bad beat after bad beat after bad beat.

i really honestly have not seen a worse run in my whole poker career.

and before you talk about playing bad, i have never deposited money. i have withdrawn more than $1500 and just lost shitloads with idiots.

the worst thing is that i cannot bounce back. it keeps beating me down to the ground round after round.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by Vargan
      Looks like you overplayed the BB more then a bad beat.

Fold to the reraise IMO.

EDIT:

Actually. Go back and reread the strategy articles. You sit with $4 on NL10. If you play SSS you should leave at $2.5 and if you play BSS you should play with $10+. Its a good idea to know the basic strategies before you go into battle.

Onward....

....and shrug it off. :D

EDIT 2:

You did not slowplay here, more like the QQ guy slowplayed you. You limped AA. No need to get that fancy on NL10. Just do a normal raise. If the QQ 3bets, you 4bet. And then shov/call the flop if you get called.

If you insist on the limp you should 3bet $4.5-5 preflop, cause you minraised and thats not really a good move. A larger reraise to show strength and to get value if you get called. And shov the flop.

If I was the SB I probably would have played the same way preflop.
      The tells you are giving are weak, limp/minraise. I would not fold QQ to that either.

If you want to see bad beats, check out Snodreliss's $1000 pot HU hand, and I'm sure I can find the hand when I lost AA vs AA for $100. If you tilt, stop playing for the session. Breaking stuff is a good indication.

If you cant stop tilting over time, stop playing poker.(And read my signature.)

And I just want to stress the fact that if you spend to much energy focusing on the bad hands, they will overshadow every other hand.

And stop breaking things. :]

And now Im done.
      wait. you are telling me i overplayed my hand when i was ahead?

what kind of bull is that? i have bottom two pair and i protect it if anything with a big bet. i was ahead!!!!!!!!! i am ALWAYS ahead. ok except for the AT later on.

you cant tell me to fold even though im ahead. i was AHEAD. what nonsense is that?

as for AA vs QQ. so QQ slowplayed ME. when i limp/raise to extract value and then bet REALLY strong and he shoves on a FLUSH DRAW without even being the NUT flush draw... it is slowplaying ME! ok.

as for my stack size, i had been there for a while and i had a solid read on the players in the table and thought i could easily crack them. and i did. and got SCREWED.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      So.. What do you want us to do? Fine, you got screwed. You're the unluckiest player in the world. You are the best player, but FullTilt is rigged and today it turned the doomswitch on you.

Do you want us to have an excelgo fundraiser or sth?

Wake up, no one cares that you lost. :(

p.s. I liked the 'I want him to die and use the money for his funeral' part :D