This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hopes & Streams!

• Ridgeboy83
      Ridgeboy83
      Basic
      Good afternoon everyone and welcome to my first ever blog entry!

The reason i am writing this blog is because..............well I will get to that shortley.

About me

My name is Gareth and I am 33 years of age with a young family currently living in the uk with a steady day job. I have had an interest of playing poker ever since my grandad taught me how to play card games in my early teenage years. I have found poker to be the most interesting game of mind and theory which really grabbed my attention. I suppose you could say that during my 20's i was interested and played poker but never really understood it in depth but for the last 6 months i have started studying hard with hand reviews and also employing a coach. I used to play a lot on Pokerstars which i wasn't seeming to be able to beat tough fields and this is where my coach stepped in and asked why i was not trying the smaller sites as they would be softer? I thought to myself ok why not give 888 and ACR a shot. So to my surprise i certainly found these sites a lot softer and yielded results straight away. I do still play on Pokerstars but find it hard to make results due to tough fields. I have also become very interested in the Twitch world of streaming live poker, which brings me onto why i have made this blog.

Streaming deal

So recently I have set up my own Twitch account and thought why not try bit of streaming for fun. After a few streams and a final table made on 888 i found i really enjoyed streaming and it seemed to bring out my inner focus in gameplay. If you do not know about Twitch it is also a very good avenue for poker sites to advertise themselves as their is a lot of traffic which runs trough the big twitch streamers like Jamie Staples & Kevin Martin to name a couple who i really enjoy watching. So with this in mind i contacted a few of the well less known poker sites to see if they wanted to team up with me and make a deal streaming on there behalf. If I'm honest with myself i was not expecting to get much response and true to form email after email came back with rejections, but then a miracle!!! A very nice chap from BET VICTOR emailed me back for a chance to discuss a deal!!!!! I was more than happy to listen to what he had to say. A couple of hours later we managed to make a deal for me to be staked for an initial 1 month to stream BET VICTOR POKER online and a couple of other affiliate things thrown in. I couldn't believe it to be honest being stacked from a reputable company like that is a dream come true really for however long it lasts. This is a real chance for me to make something for me and my family and i intend to grasp it with both hands!!!

What you can expect from this blog

The deal kicks off on the 21st February and will last for 1 month initially to be reviewed so i will talk about my experiences going through and see if i can keep the dream going, wish me luck!!!

If anybody would like to view the stream just click the link and hit the follow button, i appreciate any support Link Text...

See you all soon!
  • 5 replies