Stack
      SB:
      $15.00
      Hero:
      $8.00
      BU:
      $15.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      BU raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $8.00 (All-In), BU folds, SB calls $7.25.

Flop: ($16.75) 2:heart: , A:club: , T:spade:
      Turn: ($16.75) 9:heart:
      River: ($16.75) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $16.75

I didn't knew how to act in this situation so just pushed preflop.
      If I'm raising to 3$ and get a call instated of reraise then basically should go all-in on any flop, or sometimes make a hard fold against SB. How much to raise here?

Jenoc
  • 7 replies
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      3$ seems to be a reasonable amount
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      With a strong hand I don't think it's profitable to bet so much pre-flop because you'll increase your fold equity too much. It is good that weaker hands call you and then you can push on flop.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      I agree with you, dandycal. With normal stack, yes, but in this situation, lets say I 3bet to 3$ than after flop pot is 6, and I'm forced to push in 5$ and if an overcard comes, I'm feeling so uncomfortable by pushing. So thats why I was confused and made that huge overbet. btw, good luck at tables, I saw you few times on PS NL25 :)

Jenoc
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I see. Well, that's the problem of playing big stack when we are SSS, haha. But I guess QQ+ we can play without worrying even if overcards come, just follow the strategy, at least judges advised that to me ;)

And thanks, I'll see you at the tables! Good luck to you as well.
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      This hand is sooo tricky, and I have this problem also way to much.

But I think you can push préflop for more fold equity, because with a standard raise you almost have to c-bet all-in any flop.

And if they call, than you have a coinflip or you are dominated, but looking the flop with a standard raise= broke if you have overpair, and on NL25 (pokerstars) They will call anyways with AK.

So just push préflop imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by timkroes
      But I think you can push préflop for more fold equity, because with a standard raise you almost have to c-bet all-in any flop.
      you do not want FoldEquity here :) $3 is the best here with Q, odds are significantly lower that a K or A will come

so $3.5 or $3 is my way to go
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      oke :)

And check/fold when A/K comes on board? Bcz c-bet means AI..