This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 SH: 77 - set on the draw flop

• Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Hero:
      $25,79
      BU:
      $34,37

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) 2:club: , 7:diamond: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU raises to $5,05, Hero raises to $13,50, BU raises to $33,36, Hero calls.

Turn: 5:spade:
      River: 6:spade: (2 players)

On such flop, we must protect and try to put it all-in on the flop.

One question... If we call for set value, most of the time, there is flush draw possible (occasionally we hit a set on rainbow not connected flop). What is the best way to stack the villain on flush draw possible flop (usually, after we raise or c/r OOP, he folds).
  • 2 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      NH.
      About your question:
      When the board is drawy its better to c/r or raise IP. He still might interpret is as a draw, and is not folding TP+.If we just call, even if he doesnt have the draw, the draw cards are action killers and we most likely wont get paid.Same about 3 to straight boards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Your bet sizes are fine.
      Answer do your question is:
      depends how aggressively do you play your drawing hands or bluffs on drawy boards.
      I´d likely raise a lot of times, so I would also raise with set and they don´t give me any credit most of the times.
      If you only call with draws, then you should also call with sets.