Stack
      UTG2:
      $13.11
      Hero:
      $12.50
      CO:
      $7.80

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.50, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.25) 6:heart: , A:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.45) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.45) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (Ac Kh)
      CO shows two pairs, tens and sixes (Th Tc)

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and kings (Ac Kh)

Villain had me nervous after calling the cbet on that flop; I would have folded had he popped me back.

Was check/folding a good line? Should I have put a value bet on the river?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Flop: Bet bigger, like $1
      Turn: Bet for value!
      River: Not really sure about betting here, if only a small bet. Lets see what judges advice.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      You have a very strong hand here - tptk + nutflashdraw, so bet for value. Possibility of a made flush on the flop heads up is really small, you shouldn't be afraid of that. You don't need to protect your hand that much, cause a heart gives you the nuts, but you should never bet lower than half the pot, and on that kind of boards bet at least 1$.

This call by him means nothing and on turn you improve even further, bet and get value from AQ, AJ and flushdraws.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      1) bet 2/3 flop
      2) bet again for both protection and value and to build a pot if u hit flush. Facing a raise, ship it, your hand is more than enough to go broke with!!!
      3) blockbet/possible fold to a raise on the river if you don't hit flush. If you hit bet bigger ;)

You played that extremely nitty.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by finchybg
      1) bet 2/3 flop
      2) bet again for both protection and value and to build a pot if u hit flush. Facing a raise, ship it, your hand is more than enough to go broke with!!!
      3) blockbet/possible fold to a raise on the river if you don't hit flush. If you hit bet bigger ;)

You played that extremely nitty.
      +1.