This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL20 QQ after doubling

• Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.22
      UTG1:
      $3.21
      MP3:
      $5.60

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.80, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.80, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.70, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.60) 9:diamond: , J:diamond: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, UTG1 raises to $2.41 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.61.

Turn: ($7.42) J:heart:
      River: ($7.42) Q:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $7.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, queens full of jacks (Qc Qh)
      UTG1 shows two pairs, aces and jacks (As Ah)

Hero wins with a full-house, queens full of jacks (Qc Qh)

Should I just push this flop? I dont know why I failed to see was shortstack xD
  • 4 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Don't call pre-flop, raise to $3,2!! 2/3 bet on flop and push to a re-raise!

With such a hand you can push regardless of whether they are shortstacked or not.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      QQ is a hand too strong to be calling preflop , if you have a strong hand raise it, if not fold it but please don't call.

I like your flop play , no point in overbetting (mp3 is also there, he shouldn't be there if you had raised preflop :D )
    • TroubleMaker23
      TroubleMaker23
      Bronze
      Your stack is too high, leave table, don´t pay blinds.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello gredal

Originally posted by dandycal
      Don't call pre-flop, raise to $3,2!! 2/3 bet on flop and push to a re-raise!

With such a hand you can push regardless of whether they are shortstacked or not.
      Never éver call preflop raises with SSS, you are investing 20% of your stack if you call, that's too valuable compared to Deepstack poker because then you invest like 2% of your stack then.

Shove accordingly next time

Best regards,
      Gerv