[NL2-NL10] nl50 A3o

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      only 12 hands, but with 75 vpip looks like a loose/maniac/stupid shortstack.

I think I have an equity edge with my A3o however it doesn't play that good and oponent is probably going to call very often. so I don't know if this is a good spot to blind bash.

flop comes with second pair + gutshot I guess I can't fold here.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.90)
      BB ($19.75)
      Hero ($9.25)
      UTG+1 ($22.35)
      UTG+2 ($63)
      MP1 ($39.75)
      MP2 ($56.40)
      CO ($33.70)
      BTN ($54.90)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 3:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50,

FLOP ($4) 2:spade: 3:club: 4:club:

check, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $6.90, Hero calls $4.40,
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      With (probably) no FE pf and very little on the flop I don't mind just checking PF. This fishy type of villain is also likely to call us with hands that have us dominated (eg.A5o) as opposed to folding them. When you raise PF you also effectively"shorten" the game to one/two rounds of betting. IP versus a fish your post-flop edge over an extra street or two should more than compensate for the slight sacrifice of maximizing your PF equity-edge.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by Nunki
      With (probably) no FE pf and very little on the flop I don't mind just checking PF. This fishy type of villain is also likely to call us with hands that have us dominated (eg.A5o) as opposed to folding them. When you raise PF you also effectively"shorten" the game to one/two rounds of betting. IP versus a fish your post-flop edge over an extra street or two should more than compensate for the slight sacrifice of maximizing your PF equity-edge.
      thx nice explanation nothing to add. a3o plays just horrible in raised pots