Rainbow With One High Card

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I want to ask you some questions:

Top pair is often a strong hand on these flops because the chance that draws will hit is rather low.

How do I have to act - bet or raise just once and if someone raises again - call, like in basic article? Or CAP?

In case there are only few players to the flop and you hold middle or bottom pair, it is often the best hand and you should raise.

If someone raises before me, I should raise anyway? What if someone raises after me - should I fold (expect there is good pot odds for trying to hit two pair or set) How to play on turn and river if I have initiative? If I dont have initiative?
  • 1 reply
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi SPeedFANat1c.

1) Go with the article here. On a dry board the chance that you get 3-bet by a worse hands decreases as they can't do it with draws so against much action your toppair is often not strong enough to cap.

2) This highly depends on the situation. If ther is bet and raise before you you better just fold. Against 1 bet you can raise but now it depends on the board and your exact hand as bottom pair with no kicker is just a fold for example.
      If you raise a bet and get 3-bet you of course call for your out. But fold unimproved if the potodds aren't good enough on the turn. Against 3-bet and cap you often don't get the potodds to call so you can fold in this case.
      If you raise and you get just called then it depeneds on how many opponents are still in the pot, the turncard etc..
      If you raise with middle pair on a drawheavy board and 3 people call you you can often give up on the turn in any case. Against 1 or 2 opponents you can bet/fold the turn if no draw gets completed and if the turncard completes a draw then check/fold.

As you see this is very complex. :) The best you can do is post hands where you are unsure.