i dont want to be a pro..

• bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      I don,t want to be a pro. I think i cant be good enough for this.I know few people who whish. They choosen theyr poker screen name as: becomingapro, therealpro, proppro.. bleah bleah... For myself, it is enough to can buy a new car. Can be possible?... Who knows? But i,m almost sure that mostly of the guys with pro scree names will dont touch theyr goal. I,m thinking that they can be disapointed after a while. They will quit. Becoming a pro it is not a joke. In these circumstances to wish just a car seems to be a much more resonable dream. After, i can dream to buy a new house. Maybe, after, i will wish myself to become a pro. We will see.
      Fact, starting with untangible goals for this moment of your evolution it is a wrong way to planned your carreer, in any circumstances; you will be disapointed and you wil loose your motivation to continue, even if u have some skills in the field of activity where you try to obtain that result. On the other way, choosing the proper goal / objective, u can do it faster and much more possible; this will increase your self-confidence and your motivation to learn more and to try to touch your next objective.
      A chinese proverb says: even the longest way start all the time with one single step. Something like this.
  • 9 replies
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      I just started. 50 USD. Not so much, but enough to play poker. With this amount of money i cant play at high limit. I,m playing no-limit texas holdem 02/04. In the past i lost some money trying to play higher limits. Did u heard about bankrol management?... In theory, its about how high u can play starting from an certain amount of money. If u think that this is just a theory, it,s your first mistake... Te truth is that you will lose the money if you will try to jump too high. I know few bestsellers and a movie with a guy who became rich in few hours playing poker. But there are just some books and a movie. The reality is different. I know a wise chinese proverb. It says: We hear about big people from the time when they were just a little! Take it easy. Step by step.
      In this time, i earned already 1,45 usd. Now my sold it is 51,45
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      A positive attitude and a strong mind is the key to achieving results. Starting with few dollars and playing just few cents can lead you easy to a wrong attitude. What a big shit if i loose few cents?..
      Do you know this? We will never retreat! We will never surround!.. It,s a war? Yes. U will fight against yourself. Sounds strange, but u cant winn the war against others if u cant winn the wars against yourself. Never loose money just because there are just a few. Think about! I have 74 usd right now.
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      How much u can winn playing poker on so little limits?.. Enough, if you play well. I,m playing some time at 4 tables in the same time... If i,m tired i,m playing just 2 tables. Sure.. better is to dont play at all... On this little limits people play very badly. Mostly. The risk is to play yourself very badly thinking that u dont need to play all the time very strong. The wrong attitude is to think that it is enough to play mediocre to winn at this tables. But the ideea is to play, in time, on the higher limits. So play well right now! Playing badly now, even if u winn a little, it is the start of your loosing on the other limits, where the people play better.
      91 usd already.
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      Probably the best words in the poker word are: no hury! In my past experience i,ve lost frequentely all the "free no bonus code" money. And the main psyhologycal reason was this one: i was in a hury. To win more. Much more. Faster. Much faster. To be in a hury and to be greeedy almost all the time comes togeter and both goes you on the wrong way. All the rest are "skill based" - but even if u play from better to better, if u will be in a hurry you can loose all. I,m almost sure that already happened with most of you. But... Try to dont do it again! And again! And again!
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      still 99
      I,m not playing these days. Can you stay one day without playing poker? If not, maybe u became already addicted. To be a maniac it,s not a good start. Passion is necessary, but a maniac very often loose theyr rationality. After, he can loose all. I have soem other things to do these days. A short break sometime can be usefull. See you soon!
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      Sometimes i,m thinking that can be much easy to winn some money playing poker. Seems to be one simple and very effective rule to do this. Just follow the rules.
      There are lots of poker strategy websites and lots of guys who read the articles about how poker must be played. Unfortunatelly, mostly forget from time to time to follow the strategical rules and start to play with theyr own strategy. Seems to be very fascinating to reinvent the wheel... even it was invented thousands of years ago... I dont know why some people play lots of hands with 27 when all the starting hand chart tell us to dont do this... Anyway... For people who follow the rules it is very nice to find some others who dont follow its.
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      This blog makes me laugh. Not at the content as everything you say is completely rational and you have a good attitude. It just seams like you have multiple personalities and you keep talking to your inner demon.
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      Yeah... I,m happy when people around me are happy.. so if u can lough, its so cool.. : )
      Sure mostly have posts like: "i have AA, i raise, he call. blah, blah... i earn 50 bb .. again blah blah " ...It,s so clear that all the people will raise with AA..:) but what do they think when 5 days in a rows they have only 57?.. Playing with 57 become possible in this situation? Hm. ... Maybe i will have some luck... ???.. hehe... Fact, as i,m saying in my original blog (see web adress bellow) the blog it,s not so much about "playing"... it,s much more about "thinking"..
      And, sure, i,m talking a lot with myself.. That help me to not become borred when i have to fold fold fold fold fold fold...... :) ))))))
    • bobocviorel
      bobocviorel
      Bronze
      In the begining, i,m almost sure that objectives like 40 BB in 2 weeks cant be good. What happened if u cant do this? Let,s supose that one and a half week passed and you have only 3 days to reach your target. And if mostly you loose?.. Is it possible to try harder to touch your goal? Almost sure.. Is it possible to exagerate a little? Is it possible to make more mistakes? I,m almost sure, also. So...
      Maybe 40 BB it is just a result of your better play, not the objective itself. Maybe u must try a different aproach and choose different objectives. Anyway.. Improving your poker must be the major objective of your strategy. From this point of view, maybe to dont play anymore with 27 can be a good objective. To raise and reraise more when u have very good cards can be an other objective. If u play better, winnning thousands of big blinds become a result of your improved poker