Stack
      MP2:
      $10,15
      Hero:
      $10,40
      BU:
      $10,20

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:spade: , T:club:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,45, BU raises to $1,60, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1,50, Hero calls $1,15.

Flop: ($4,95) 8:spade: , 6:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $3,30, 2 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,95

I considered betting the flop but eventually chickened out. I hate these situations. I'm only looking for a set here right?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Not really, it depends all on the reads. But I would have checked behind also after the BU raise preflop, giving the range for BU: JJ+, AQ+
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If you are not sure what to do in such situations, better fold preflop.
      Answer is no, you cant call it for set value only,as it is not +ev situation.
      And he will pretty much bet his whole range after two checks to him.
      Depends on player, but after you call preflop and get such a flop, you should shove.
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      You probably should have folded postflop. At best you're facing a coinflip and at worst you're completely dominated by an overpair. As played fold the flop for sure.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      If you are not sure what to do in such situations, better fold preflop.
      Answer is no, you cant call it for set value only,as it is not +ev situation.
      And he will pretty much bet his whole range after two checks to him.
      Depends on player, but after you call preflop and get such a flop, you should shove.
      i agree . you cant call just for set value because tt has value of its own and on this flop against a player who 3bets and cbets alot you have to go with it
      gl