How reading books can change your life!!! Refreshing my life and Poker! SNG&MTT(and cash for bonus)

• smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Dunno if it's my 6th or 7th attempt trying to make a decent blog but this time i hope to succeed, cause why not, i failed miserably the last 6-7 times, maybe this time will be the charm...

Anyway, i've been playing poker for a long time, 10 years already, even if my winnings haven't been Millions and even if i take some time off from it(at least twice per year), somehow i still manage to come back with clearer mind and new ambitions to change my old habits and try to make new goals with a hope that maybe this time i will accomplish it.

Last year i got staked and played under a coach that earns 70k$-100k$ per year in MTTs and even if i learned a lot, i didn't like the way he taught me and also started to hate poker all together. Even if after 6 months of grinding on like 5 different sites i was down 800$ and coach told me that it's ok and that i should continue playing, i felt that it's time to say "thank you" to him and moved on, cause damn, i never was so depressed and hated poker so much being under him, it's just insane how one person can "fuck you up" mentally, even if he was a good coach but somehow i just couldn't get into this mindset and his style of play and thought that i'm miserable and should leave poker all together.
      Anyway i took some months off, got rid of all my debt, saved up some money, bought new pc and started to read 1-2 books every week and realized what i want to do in my life. So i made a business plan got a small team of designers and programmers and *pooof* my website will be complete in like 2-3 weeks, damn still can't imagine that i did it. Cause when i look back, i was depressed, in debt and felt like im going to be miserable for the rest of my life, but doing a simple thing as reading 1-2 books a week helped me to get back on my feet, so i thank all the writers for still writing and giving a hope for a lost cause like me :)

Anyway, i started to work together with Tim64 and asked him to be my coach for this year, so we will see how it will go.
      Anyway i spend most of the bankroll on Tim64 and now i have 32$ in my Stars acc. So even if im running like shit right now and getting pounded by guys with stats 100/100 but im still positive about my game, so let's hope for the best.

My plan for 2017&2018:

1.Save up 24k€ so that if i'll lose everyting(like my job, my website will crash etc.) i will have 1-2 years to get back and start everything from beggining without worrying about roof under my head and food.

2. Finish my website and have at least 1Million visits/month

3. Lose weight(right now im 95kg, want to have 80kg at least)

4. Read at least 52 books this year

5.And get my bankroll up to 5000$-10000$

There are some other stuff that i want to achieve but right now they are not that important.

Anyway i'm going to play 0.50 9max SNGs and 0.25,0.10.0.02 MTTs.
      Gonna update this blog 2-3 times per week
      Gonna review books that i have read and the one's that im reading right now
      Gonna slowly explain my plans for my website(what it is and how i will manage to make it successful) and savings(how much i have saved and how it's changing why life, my view on money and overall how i'm gonna feel when my Piggy bank will grow from 0€ to 24k€.
      etc. etc. etc.

see ya soon
  • 48 replies
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Ok let's do some BR challenge:

Get Rich Or Die Trying Bankroll Challenge:

Starting Roll: 32$
      MTTs played: 0
      Profit/Loss: 0
      Total Bankroll: 32$
      Goal: 1000$

Week Zero
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      So like i promised i will explain every plan that i have for this year, so lets start with saving up!

The plan came from a book called "The Road To Financial Freedom by Bodo Schafer" and the plan is that you need to go through 3 phrases to be Financial free and it goes like this:

1.Is to save enough money so that for the next 2 years you could live without worries if you would lost everything today(for me it's 24k€)
      2.When you complete the first goal, you start investing into stuff that you like or want to do(example: i want to build 3 websites, starting investing in forex and stock etc.). And you divide that money in 3 ways(40% low risk,40% medium risk,20% high risk) and you do it till you have enough money so you can start living comfortably(for me it's 300k€)
      3.And the last one is called "the financial freedom." The thing is, this one is more for people who who knows that they don't want to achieve anything in life and just live comfortably with the money they own and just enjoy life to the fullest(like going on trips, getting a house in hawaii and just do nothing for the rest of their lifes), but for me it's a little different but i will talk about it later. So for me to be financial free, i need to have 3750000€ but like i said it's just for people who just want to live a simple life and basically do nothing. But as i have huge ambitions this money will not help me to feel happy or live the life how i always wanted but still it's the goal that i have right now.

So as you all know by now, that to get rich or financial independent it doesnt happen overnight, it's a slow process with failures, meeting new people, reading books and overall changing your perception of reality and life itself. So as i just got rid of all my debt(kinda, cause i took some money for my website), i can finally start saving up some money for the 1. goal and i made plans to save at least 3k€ this year and the plan goes like this:

i have 3 saving plans and each of them are divided to each job/jobs that i do and want to do this year so here it is:

1. 365 Day saving plan(you start the first day with 1cent, second day with 2cent.... and you finish the 365th day with 3.65€) and it should help me to save up 667.95€ this year
      2. 52 week saving challenge. Every week im going to withdraw money from my poker acc. Even if im late for this challenge i still will be able to complete this goal in the end. The plan goes like this every week you withdraw 1$ dollar more than last week, so basically on the first week i will have to withdraw 1$, on the second week 2$ etc. etc. and on the 52nd week i will have to withdraw 52$, so it should help me to save up 1378$ this year.
      3. This one is a little more complicated but still achievable. I took this one from Bodo schafer and it will go like this. Every month i will with twice as much as last month so basically if i start this month putting 0.25cents into piggy bank then next month i will have to put 0.50cents and then 1$ etc. and it all goes for 2 years, so in the end i should save 24€. But like i said this is more complicated than it should cause after 15 months i will have to put 4096€ into piggy bank which dunno if i will be able so that's why im just going to search for some other jobs, play poker and everything i can so that i can have those 24k€ as soon as possible.

So overall i should save more than 3k€ so let's see how it all will go cause right now i'm being very causes with money and i start to like it. cause even if right now i have 100€ saved up, first time in life i feel that i'm in charge and control the money, not the banks or other people and to be honest i feel that one day i will become a full pledged jews that instead of buying an ice-cream for 0.50cents on a hot summer day i will drink some cheap tap water and put those 0.50 cents into bank with an idea that one day those 50cents will be worth 50-100$. :)

I hopes it helped.

cheers
    • Rhodriguez
      Rhodriguez
      Bronze
      Hi wish you good luck! I looked up the book title at amazon and have to make a sinister cyniacal remark. The book title continues with "Earn Your First Million in Seven Years: What Rich People Do and Poor People Do Not to Become Rich" and his cover has a big red dot with 1.5 million sold - I would answer this rethorical question with they have sold 1mio copies!

Regarding to your saving plans.
      First it's so hard to do this daily. Specially when you begin with small amounts. So what you will end up with is probably - you cumulating plan 1 into weekly chunks. So you could adjust plan 2 instead accordingly. Or do you plan literally physically put that money in a piggy bank?
      Secondly it's so hard to project growth. Plan 1 and 2 are linear - that's taff enough. But plan 3 is exponential. You need either work harder or accumulate enough money (doubling the investment) to get enough money for saving. Economies of scale is a...

I don't want to discourage you but paper doesn't blush. It's always good to go for the jugular - but still have a contingency plan and don't break you stride if you miss one payment.
    • mostlyfolding
      mostlyfolding
      Silver
      Sorry did you just say....

Originally posted by smarnijss
      i feel that one day i will become a full pledged jews that instead of buying an ice-cream for 0.50cents on a hot summer day i will drink some cheap tap water and put those 0.50 cents into bank
      Crikey! You did!
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rhodriguez
      Hi wish you good luck! I looked up the book title at amazon and have to make a sinister cyniacal remark. The book title continues with "Earn Your First Million in Seven Years: What Rich People Do and Poor People Do Not to Become Rich" and his cover has a big red dot with 1.5 million sold - I would answer this rethorical question with they have sold 1mio copies!

Regarding to your saving plans.
      First it's so hard to do this daily. Specially when you begin with small amounts. So what you will end up with is probably - you cumulating plan 1 into weekly chunks. So you could adjust plan 2 instead accordingly. Or do you plan literally physically put that money in a piggy bank?
      Secondly it's so hard to project growth. Plan 1 and 2 are linear - that's taff enough. But plan 3 is exponential. You need either work harder or accumulate enough money (doubling the investment) to get enough money for saving. Economies of scale is a...

I don't want to discourage you but paper doesn't blush. It's always good to go for the jugular - but still have a contingency plan and don't break you stride if you miss one payment.
      ok here it is:

yeap i planned this last year when got rid of all my debt. The thing is that you dont need to do it everyday, for example, the 1. i do it every week, just mark the numbers that i have put into piggy bank and that's it.

2. The thing is you dont need to withdraw the money every week you just mark on the paper that this is,for example,it's 8th week and you know that right now 36$ are yours, so instead of withdrawing just leave it into poker acc and just continue playing. Of course to sustain and continue saving up especially if it's from poker, you just need to continue playing, if you don't, well you know that you will not be able to save up.

3. Yeah this one is much more complicated, and it's much harder to explain but yeah like you said, it's much harder, cause then you need to find new ways how to earn money if you want to sustain and complete this goal, but the first year isn't that hard, the hardest part will be the last month this year and than the 13. month and 14. month are kinda impossible right now, but who knows.

Yeah i know, even if im going to miss one payment is not the end of the world cause you're doing this for yourself not for someone else. All these plans are just for your discipline(mine to be exact :) ) and yeah, dunno how it all will end... :)

Originally posted by mostlyfolding
      Sorry did you just say....

Originally posted by smarnijss
      i feel that one day i will become a full pledged jews that instead of buying an ice-cream for 0.50cents on a hot summer day i will drink some cheap tap water and put those 0.50 cents into bank
      Crikey! You did!
      :sifflote: :sifflote: :sifflote:
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Anyway finally it's march so it means that it's time to make plans for this month otherwise i'm going to procrastinate and do nothing, like i did in January and February, so anyway my plan for March is to play 1800 tourneys:

840 tourneys for 0.50$ 9man SNG
      960 tourneys for 0.02$, 0.10$,0.25 SnGMTTs

Im not going to predict or make plans how much i would want to win, cause most of the time if you say that "i want to win 500$" and after two weeks of playing you're up only like 50$, then it's easy to get depressed and not willing to continue your challenge or goal or whatever, so that's why im just going to play tourneys and concentrate on the game. Gonna use SNGWiz to see if my push/fold is good/bad and gonna try to build my roll.

glglglglgl
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      Hey Smarnijss!
      Can you accept my friend request, please? I would like to have a chat in private
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mikus8
      Hey Smarnijss!
      Can you accept my friend request, please? I would like to have a chat in private
      :f_thumbsup:
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Ok i've made my plans for march and even if i failed my first attempt to start grinding and getting into "rhythm" by playing hardcore this month i hope to start doing it today, ehh...

Anyway just finished reading a book "Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy" and to be honest this book was kinda boring and most of the stuff he said was kinda cliche-ish. Even if this book was released in 2007 it felt like this guy just took random thoughts from other well known books and just tried to sound smart,buuuuuuuuut, even if most of the stuff was "meh" there still were some things that made me go "huh, i didnt know this" and that's why i love reading books cause you can always learn something new from each writer, even if these "self help books" are kinda cringy nowadays.

Anyway these are the things that i liked and gonna implement them into my life:

The first rule of frog eating is this:
      If you have to eat two frogs, eat the ugliest one first.

The idea is simple, if you have two hard tasks in front of you, just take the hardest one, cause when ya will finish the "ugliest/hardest" task, then it will be much easier to finish the second one.

This is another way of saying that if you have two important tasks before you, start with the biggest, hardest, and most important task first. Discipline yourself to begin immediately and then to persist until the task is complete before you go on to something else.
      Think of this as a test. Treat it like a personal challenge. Resist the temptation to start with the easier task. Continually remind yourself that one of the most important decisions you make each day is what you will do immediately and what you will do later, if you do it at all.
      The second rule of frog eating is this:
      If you have to eat a live frog at all, it doesn't pay to sit and look at it for very long.
      The key to reaching high levels of performance and productivity is to develop the lifelong habit of tackling your major task first thing each morning. You must develop the routine of “eating your frog” before you do anything else and without taking too much time to think about it.
      The Three Ds of New Habit Formation
      You need three key qualities to develop the habits of focus and concentration, which are all learnable. They are decision, discipline, and determination.
      First, make a decision to develop the habit of task completion. Second, discipline yourself to practice the principles you are about to learn over and over until they become automatic. And third, back everything you do with determination until the habit is locked in and becomes a permanent part of your personality.
      Here is a great rule for success:
      Think on paper.
      I really love this one. I don't know why but paper has some kind of magical aura around it(that's why we wipe our ass with paper not some other stuff), and somehow whenever i put my plans on paper, i manage to finish them, that's why i prefer to write down plans and other important stuff on the paper not phones or pc.

Only about 3 percent of adults have clear, written goals. These people accomplish five and ten times as much as people of equal or better education and ability but who, for whatever reason, have never taken the time to write out exactly what they want.
      There is a powerful formula for setting and achieving goals that you can use for the rest of your life. It consists of seven simple steps. Any one of these steps can double and triple your productivity if you are not currently using it. Many of my graduates have increased their incomes dramatically in a matter of a few years, or even a few months, with this simple, seven-part method.
      Step one: Decide exactly what you want. Either decide for yourself or sit down with your boss and discuss your goals and objectives until you are crystal clear about what is expected of you and in what order of priority. It is amazing how many people are working away, day after day, on low-value tasks because they have not had this critical discussion with their managers.
      One of the very worst uses of time is to do something very well that need not be done at all.
      Stephen Covey says, “Before you begin scrambling up the ladder of success, make sure that it is leaning against the right building.”
      Step two: Write it down. Think on paper. When you write down a goal, you crystallize it and give it tangible form. You create something that you can touch and see. On the other hand, a goal or objective that is not in writing is merely a wish or a fantasy. It has no energy behind it. Unwritten goals lead to confusion, vagueness, misdirection, and numerous mistakes.
      Step three: Set a deadline on your goal; set subdeadlines if necessary. A goal or decision without a deadline has no urgency. It has no real beginning or end. Without a definite deadline accompanied by the assignment or acceptance of specific responsibilities for completion, you will naturally procrastinate and get very little done.
      Step four: Make a list of everything that you can think of that you are going to have to do to achieve your goal. As you think of new activities, add them to your list. Keep building your list until it is complete. A list gives you a visual picture of the larger task or objective. It gives you a track to run on. It dramatically increases the likelihood that you will achieve your goal as you have defined it and on schedule.
      Step five: Organize the list into a plan. Organize your list by priority and sequence. Take a few minutes to decide what you need to do first and what you can do later. Decide what has to be done before something else and what needs to be done afterward. Even better, lay out your plan visually in the form of a series of boxes and circles on a sheet of paper, with lines and arrows showing the relationship of each task to each other task. You’ll be amazed at how much easier it is to achieve your goal when you break it down into individual tasks.
      With a written goal and an organized plan of action, you will be far more productive and efficient than people who are carrying their goals around in their minds.
      Step six: Take action on your plan immediately. Do something. Do anything. An average plan vigorously executed is far better than a brilliant plan on which nothing is done. For you to achieve any kind of success, execution is everything.
      Step seven: Resolve to do something every single day that moves you toward your major goal. Build this activity into your daily schedule. You may decide to read a specific number of pages on a key subject. You may call on a specific number of prospects or customers. You may engage in a specific period of physical exercise. You may learn a certain number of new words in a foreign language. Whatever it is, you must never miss a day.
      Keep pushing forward. Once you start moving, keep moving. Don’t stop. This decision, this discipline alone, can dramatically increase your speed of goal accomplishment and boost your personal productivity.
      Two Extra Hours per Day
      Always work from a list. When something new comes up, add it to the list before you do it. You can increase your productivity and output by 25 percent or more—about two hours a day—from the first day that you begin working consistently from a list.
      Make your list the night before for the workday ahead. Move everything that you have not yet accomplished onto your list for the coming day, and then add everything that you have to do the next day. When you make your list the night before, your subconscious mind will work on your list all night long while you sleep. Often you will wake up with great ideas and insights that you can use to get your job done faster and better than you had initially thought.
      The more time you take to make written lists of everything you have to do, in advance, the more effective and efficient you will be.
      Also love this, cause we always forget tasks that arent important(at the moment) but by putting it onto paper, that task/plan/whatever stays there forever, for example: your girlfriend's annoying brother wants to stay with you both for a week and sends you a message that he plain will land 10 days from now, imagine if you would say to yourself "fuck that little shit is coming, need to remember that on that particular day he will be here" and after an hour you would forget it, cause, you know, you fucking hate him, and you wouldn't pick his annoying ass from airport, imagine for how long you wouldn't get sex from your girlfriend and how angry she would be, right ? so yeah writing down important and not so important tasks on paper is a really good thing to do.

Apply the 80/20 Rule to Everything
      We always have time enough, if we will but use it aright.
      JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE
      The 80/20 Rule is one of the most helpful of all concepts of time and life management. It is also called the “Pareto Principle” after its founder, the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who first wrote about it in 1895. Pareto noticed that people in his society seemed to divide naturally into what he called the “vital few,” the top 20 percent in terms of money and influence, and the “trivial many,” the bottom 80 percent.
      He later discovered that virtually all economic activity was subject to this principle as well. For example, this principle says that 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results, 20 percent of your customers will account for 80 percent of your sales, 20 percent of your products or services will account for 80 percent of your profits, 20 percent of your tasks will account for 80 percent of the value of what you do, and so on. This means that if you have a list of ten items to do, two of those items will turn out to be worth five or ten times or more than the other eight items put together.
      Number of Tasks versus Importance of Tasks
      Here is an interesting discovery. Each of the ten tasks may take the same amount of time to accomplish. But one or two of those tasks will contribute five or ten times the value of any of the others.
      Often, one item on a list of ten tasks that you have to do can be worth more than all the other nine items put together. This task is invariably the frog that you should eat first.
      Can you guess on which items the average person is most likely to procrastinate? The sad fact is that most people procrastinate on the top 10 or 20 percent of items that are the most valuable and important, the “vital few.” They busy themselves instead with the least important 80 percent, the “trivial many” that contribute very little to results.
      Focus on Activities, Not Accomplishments
      You often see people who appear to be busy all day long but seem to accomplish very little. This is almost always because they are busy working on tasks that are of low value while they are procrastinating on the one or two activities that, if they completed them quickly and well, could make a real difference to their companies and to their careers.
      The most valuable tasks you can do each day are often the hardest and most complex. But the payoff and rewards for completing these tasks efficiently can be tremendous. For this reason, you must adamantly refuse to work on tasks in the bottom 80 percent while you still have tasks in the top 20 percent left to be done.
      Before you begin work, always ask yourself, “Is this task in the top 20 percent of my activities or in the bottom 80 percent?”
      Rule: Resist the temptation to clear up small things first.
      Remember, whatever you choose to do over and over eventually becomes a habit that is hard to break. If you choose to start your day working on low-value tasks, you will soon develop the habit of always starting and working on low-value tasks. This is not the kind of habit you want to develop or keep.
      The hardest part of any important task is getting started on it in the first place. Once you actually begin work on a valuable task, you will be naturally motivated to continue. A part of your mind loves to be busy working on significant tasks that can really make a difference. Your job is to feed this part of your mind continually.
      EAT THAT FROG!
      1. Make a list of all the key goals, activities, projects, and responsibilities in your life today. Which of them are, or could be, in the top 10 or 20 percent of tasks that represent, or could represent, 80 or 90 percent of your results?
      2. Resolve today that you are going to spend more and more of your time working in those few areas that can really make a difference in you life and career and less and less time on lower value activities.
      This one is fucking important, at least for me...

Think on Paper
      The power of this technique lies in its simplicity. Here’s how it works: You start with a list of everything you have to do for the coming day. Think on paper.
      You then place an A, B, C, D, or E next to each item on your list before you begin the first task.
      An “A” item is defined as something that is very important, something that you must do. This is a task that will have serious positive or negative consequences if you do it or fail to do it, like visiting a key customer or finishing a report that your boss needs for an upcoming board meeting. These items are the frogs of your life.
      If you have more than one A task, you prioritize these tasks by writing “A-1,” “A-2,” “A-3,” and so on in front of each item. Your A-1 task is your biggest, ugliest frog of all.
      “Shoulds” versus “Musts”
      A “B” item is defined as a task that you should do. But it has only mild consequences. These are the tadpoles of your work life. This means that someone may be unhappy or inconvenienced if you don’t do one of these tasks, but it is nowhere as important as an A task. Returning an unimportant telephone message or reviewing your e-mail would be a B task.
      The rule is that you should never do a B task when an A task is left undone. You should never be distracted by a tadpole when a big frog is sitting there waiting to be eaten.
      A “C” task is defined as something that would be nice to do but for which there are no consequences at all, whether you do it or not. C tasks include phoning a friend, having coffee or lunch with a coworker, and completing some personal business during work hours. These sorts of activities have no affect at all on your work life.
      A “D” task is defined as something you can delegate to someone else. The rule is that you should delegate everything that someone else can do so that you can free up more time for the A tasks that only you can do.
      An “E” task is defined as something that you can eliminate altogether, and it won’t make any real difference. This may be a task that was important at one time but is no longer relevant to you or anyone else. Often it is something you continue to do out of habit or because you enjoy it. But every minute that you spend on an E task is time taken away from a task or activity that can make a real difference in your life.
      After you have applied the ABCDE Method to your list, you will be completely organized and ready to get more important things done faster.

1. Identify the key result areas of your work. What are they? Write down the key results you have to get to do your job in an excellent fashion. Give yourself a grade from one to ten on each one. And then determine the one key skill that, if you did it in an excellent manner, would help you the most in your work.
      2. Take this list to your boss and discuss it with him or her. Invite honest feedback and appraisal. You can get better only when you are open to the constructive input of other people. Discuss your results with your staff and coworkers. Talk them over with your spouse.
      Make a habit of doing this analysis regularly for the rest of your career. Never stop improving. This decision alone can change your life.

1. What are your three most important business or career goals right now?
      2. What are your three most important family or relationship goals right now?
      3. What are your three most important financial goals right now?
      4. What are your three most important health goals right now?
      5. What are your three most important personal and professional development goals right now?
      6. What are your three most important social and community goals right now?
      7. What are your three biggest problems or concerns in life right now?
      Love this one!!!

One of the best ways for you to overcome procrastination is by working as though you had only one day to get your most important jobs done.
      Imagine each day that you have just received an emergency message and that you will have to leave town tomorrow for a month. If you had to leave town for a month, what would you make absolutely sure that you got done before you left? Whatever your answer, go to work on that task right now.
      Another way to put pressure on yourself is to imagine that you just received an all-expenses-paid one-week vacation at a beautiful resort as a prize, but you will have to leave tomorrow morning on the vacation or it will be given to someone else. What would you be determined to get finished before you left so that you could take that vacation? Whatever it is, start on that one job immediately.
      Successful people continually put the pressure on themselves to perform at high levels. Unsuccessful people have to be instructed and supervised and pressured by others.
      By putting the pressure on yourself, you will accomplish more and better tasks faster than ever before. You will become a high-performance, high-achieving personality. You will feel terrific about yourself, and bit by bit, you will build up the habit of rapid task completion that will then go on to serve you all the days of your life.
      This is my favorite one, damn, just asking one or two simple questions can change your day completely. Im starting to use this one almost everyday and it helps me out really well.

Ok guys, i know it's damn long but i hope it helped someone, enjoy !!!!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      interesting concept with the money saving! I am a bit afraid of the last two months. Also, dont the cashouts prevent your BR growth?

You asked if you could just blog here - for sure! Just please make sure to drop by in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread once per week to report your standing, so we can have it nicely in our overview.

CU & GL!
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      interesting concept with the money saving! I am a bit afraid of the last two months. Also, dont the cashouts prevent your BR growth?

You asked if you could just blog here - for sure! Just please make sure to drop by in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread once per week to report your standing, so we can have it nicely in our overview.

CU & GL!
      yeah the last two months are kinda scary but it's easy to start, so yeah, like i said, even if you can't put away money on the last two months it's not the end of the world cause you're doing this for yourself and 300 euros is still something, it's better to have 300 euros in your bank than nothing right ? :)

Well you don't need to cash out, you can just leave that money on your acc and just continue playing and if ya want you can withdraw it like at the end of the year or maybe in two years, that thing is more for motivation, so that you know that if you want to save that 1$ or 52$ this week then you need to grind more and that's it.

Ok thanks, than every monday i will report my challnege. :)
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      My progress so far:

Damn i really fucked my plans at the beginning of march but oh well, gonna grind x2 as hard. Anyway, nothing much to say or show or whatever, yesterday was the first REAL 8-10h ground in a loooooong time and even if my right arm hurts and as soon as my body touched the bed i just slept like child. So yeah, gonna continue grinding cause right now im way behind my schedule so yeah, gonna update you guys as soon as i will get back on track(so it means that i will have to grind this whole week without taking a day off, to do it :( )
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Damn, ok this time i really fucked up. My original plan was to play poker till september and see if i can build my roll at least to 2k-3k with following a strong discipline and also helping myself to "grow up" by doing meditation,affirmitation,visualization etc. but right now it seems that once again i will hold it for now, but maybe not, cause of one thing that i talked with my relative at the end of this January.

So the thing went like this, at that time i didn't play poker and i was kinda depressed cause my grandmother was literally on her's deathbed and also there were some other stuff happening in the family. So my brother had a birthday and one of my relatives came to see us and at that time i thought that maybe i should ask him, about giving me some advice what to do with my life, cause right now i'm kinda lost in life etc. he told me that i should get a job, especially Croupier, of course i didn't like it but i went like, oh well it's not like i'm going to work there and that he will forget about it. haha so yesterday he came again to see us and asked if im already working there and i said no, so basically he called some guy that he knew works there and made an appointment for me, so today i need to call him, cause when he did that call, my parents were in room and it would be rude of me if i would just ignore his efforts and just do nothing. So there's a big chance that im going to work as an Croupier(even if i already have a job right, so it's basically is going to be my second job) and i will have to postpone all my plans that i have planned for the next 6 months cause i just couldnt keep my mouth shut,ehhhh.... Im so pissed right now, and the problem is that there's nothing much i can do, cause im living with my parents right now and even if i have a part-time job at the moment so by having second job(like real job) i will not have much time to do anything. Damn i really wanted to spend this year only concentrating on myself, like learning how to do discipline, read books, play poker and see if it's even worth doing right now, like finishing my project(homepage) etc. but dunno right now it seems it's kinda "meh" cause i will have to please others.
      Anyway sorry for the rant, im still going to play poker and i will do my best to finish this month's challenge but damn im really pissed right now...

Anyway the progress so far:
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Damn im still pissed, dunno if i should accept that croupier job or not!?!?!?
      Of course it's been a while when i last had a 8h job but dunno if i should throw away my plans and do what other people think is "right". Sure there's a chance that i will fail at poker and that after 6 months of grinding i will not be able to get to those 2-3k br but if i feel that i should do what i think is right, is it wrong ? Cause i understand that family/relatives want's to help me and so on, buy if i feel that i should continue doing what was intendet at the beginning, maybe i just need to brush it off as say "fuck off" and just do my stuff. Damn, right now have a strong dillema, be for myself or to pleaae others... What ya guys think ?
    • Eatyourpeas
      Eatyourpeas
      Bronze
      Hi.

Nobody's opinion is too important here.

Anybody who went for their dream in the past and got there will say "go for it".

Anybody who never had the guts to go for their dream will say "take the safe option".

Then their is the middle ground where you do some combination of the both and bust your balls to make sure your dream becomes a reality.

It all depends on "how big is your dream?".

Good luck.
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Eatyourpeas
      Hi.

Nobody's opinion is too important here.

Anybody who went for their dream in the past and got there will say "go for it".

Anybody who never had the guts to go for their dream will say "take the safe option".

Then their is the middle ground where you do some combination of the both and bust your balls to make sure your dream becomes a reality.

It all depends on "how big is your dream?".

Good luck.
      True, but you know it doesnt matter how big the dream is, cause it still will take time and effort to make it possible. But yeah, for my case it's more like being in the middle ground, cause from that job i will not gain that much as i would gain from poker or my homepage. The only good thing is that i will get additional 400-500 euros for the first 3 months and i could put that money into piggy bank. But with poker i could gain a lot more like,skill, i could move and star beating 15$ or 30$ spins later on and with a right bankroll and discipline i could easily get those 1000$+ every month only from rakeback, not including profit and other bonuses. With my homepage is again another story, cause the project is so huge and when i'll launch it, it will go to 4 markets at the same time(english,chinese,korean,japanese) so again with effort and discipline i could easily earn 10 or even 100 times more than from like a poker or that croupier thing. So yeah, today i talked with my cousin who also works at that job and i think i will take it, at least for the first 3 months and just see how it will go, if that job will be shit, i still gonna earn those 1500-2000$ and could easily put that money in poker or website or just save it and just leave it for my 24k$ plan.
      Anyway thanks a lot, yeah nothing is black and white and everyone has their unique way how to achieve their goals or dreams and that's the fun part and who knows maybe dealing cards will give me some insights or other stuff for poker and cards in general :)
    • SmellTheCoffee
      SmellTheCoffee
      Bronze
      hey interesting blog, i would say there's a huge difference between what you 'might' earn playing poker, and what you are 'guaranteed' to earn working. Croupier might not be so bad for your poker career either, you get to see what degens do and how much they lose, and maybe it'll help you if ever you feel like tilting in the future with your poker :f_thumbsup:

You mention about life skills etc - but if you haven't had a 9-5 job before, or not for very long, getting that experience in itself is a really key life skill, if nothing else, you will meet people at work , and probabally have some kind of social interaction with other people there during the day.

I think it's worth considering and maybe taking for sure, and am sure your relatives just have your best interests at heart.

I'm not preaching don't get me wrong ; I am currently self employed mostly because I like the lifestyle and want to concentrate on making something happen with my poker, and if I got a job I'd for sure earn more money. I've worked numerous office based jobs the last one for about 5 years, so I have some experience etc. of what that's all about, and just decided for now, the way I have my life is what I prefer.

But yes I would say maybe give it the consideration it deserves, and then make your choice :f_thumbsup:

By the way I like the savings sheets etc, you posted, very surprising, what can be accomplished with small investments each day :f_grin:
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SmellTheCoffee
      hey interesting blog, i would say there's a huge difference between what you 'might' earn playing poker, and what you are 'guaranteed' to earn working. Croupier might not be so bad for your poker career either, you get to see what degens do and how much they lose, and maybe it'll help you if ever you feel like tilting in the future with your poker :f_thumbsup:

You mention about life skills etc - but if you haven't had a 9-5 job before, or not for very long, getting that experience in itself is a really key life skill, if nothing else, you will meet people at work , and probabally have some kind of social interaction with other people there during the day.

I think it's worth considering and maybe taking for sure, and am sure your relatives just have your best interests at heart.

I'm not preaching don't get me wrong ; I am currently self employed mostly because I like the lifestyle and want to concentrate on making something happen with my poker, and if I got a job I'd for sure earn more money. I've worked numerous office based jobs the last one for about 5 years, so I have some experience etc. of what that's all about, and just decided for now, the way I have my life is what I prefer.

But yes I would say maybe give it the consideration it deserves, and then make your choice :f_thumbsup:

By the way I like the savings sheets etc, you posted, very surprising, what can be accomplished with small investments each day :f_grin:
      Hey thanks :)

Sure, i understand that with poker if you want to earn a living then you will have to play a lot and not micro stakes like im doing right now, but the thing is, i just made a plan till June that i will grind and get as high as i can(even if i'll only will have 1k$ at in June is still much better than having 100$) and just play it every now and then, cause with 1000$ BR i could easily mix 3.50$ and 7$ sng and maybe some mtt's and earn 400-500$ every month without worries(of course if i'll not run like shit) and still be happy cause it would be another side money that i could use for other stuff like,saving up,put that money aside for a new car, maybe start learning how to do forex(money exchange) or whatever,and still i wouldnt feel bad cause that money wouldn't be that critical cause i already would have two jobs. I just dont want to change plans every second week cause someone tells me to. But i already talked with them and there's a chance that they will give me time till June to do whatever i want and then i will get second job and have no worries cause the time i would put right now into building my roll and following my plan.
      hahaha true i heard some crazy stories from my friends and cousin that people are just going ape shit and losing like 50k$ at their table in ONE NIGHT! :D
      yeah i know that they want the best for me but like i said before, i made plans and just want to concentrate on them for the next 3 months and that's it.
      Well i was an chef apprentice some time ago but i didn't like that job but i worked there for few months but yeah i never have worked years in one job and maybe i just need to try it out at least for 6 months or longer to see how it is and to appreciate what it means to be your own "boss" when you will self employed.
      Yeah those sheets are nice, cause when people are talking about savings they think that you will have to put away 100$ or even more every month and that they lose interest cause "it's impossible." But when you make a plan and put a little bit every day or week or month then it fills up and in like 2-3 years you will have those 10-24k$ in your bank just sitting to get used for some ideas that you have or just money to survive the next 1-2 years and concentrate on stuff what you love :)
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      oh damn, completely forgot to update my weekly Get Rich or Die Tryin' challenge, ok here it is:

1st Week

Bankroll week 0: $30
      Bankroll week 1: $67.39
      Tourneys played: 118
      Profit: 37.39$
      Goal: 1000$