[NL20-NL50] Qq Nl25 Sh Oop

• Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      CO folds, BU raises to $1,00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3,50, BU raises to $9,00, Hero calls $5,50.

Flop: ($18,10) T:spade: , 4:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9,00, Hero raises to $25,00 (All-In), BU raises to $17,32 (All-In).

Turn: ($60,42) T:heart:
      River: ($60,42) K:spade:

Final Pot: $60,42

It happens a lot of times, situation similar like this one. I had no particular stats on the guy, all I knew was that he didn't do anything very stupid so far. The question is: Is it better to donk/fold in this particular situation? Against such play I was obviously behind. He was clarly on a QQ+, AKs range...
  • 5 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      In a resteal situation Im going broke preflop with QQ+,AK.Especially as you are OOP.
      As played, you have to go broke on this flop.c/r is better, as it allows him to invest money with his Ax hands.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I also like to go broke pre-flop. QQ beats his range.

On the flop, you can't donk/fold. If you donk you gotta call a reraise.

Check/raising is better IMO as well. If you donk he'll fold many weaker hands, whereas if you check, he'll bet them
    • Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      Sorry, but QQ clearly does not beat his range. Against QQ+, AKo, AKs, I am clearly an underdog. My equity is just around 40%. And there are a lot of players on this limit who are playing quite tight PF. He was one of them...
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think his range is wider than that, considering it's a steal situation.

I think you can add JJ, TT and maybe AQ
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      BU vs BB is all-in with QQ.
      If he happens to have KK, AA- then though luck, but also if you 3-bet him once or if he is aggressive then he´ll get all-in with JJ, sometimes he also 4-bet bluffs.