This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Qq Nl25 Sh Oop

• Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      CO folds, BU raises to $1,00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3,50, BU raises to $9,00, Hero calls $5,50.

Flop: ($18,10) T:spade: , 4:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9,00, Hero raises to $25,00 (All-In), BU raises to $17,32 (All-In).

Turn: ($60,42) T:heart:
      River: ($60,42) K:spade:

Final Pot: $60,42

It happens a lot of times, situation similar like this one. I had no particular stats on the guy, all I knew was that he didn't do anything very stupid so far. The question is: Is it better to donk/fold in this particular situation? Against such play I was obviously behind. He was clarly on a QQ+, AKs range...
  • 5 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      In a resteal situation Im going broke preflop with QQ+,AK.Especially as you are OOP.
      As played, you have to go broke on this flop.c/r is better, as it allows him to invest money with his Ax hands.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I also like to go broke pre-flop. QQ beats his range.

On the flop, you can't donk/fold. If you donk you gotta call a reraise.

Check/raising is better IMO as well. If you donk he'll fold many weaker hands, whereas if you check, he'll bet them
    • Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      Sorry, but QQ clearly does not beat his range. Against QQ+, AKo, AKs, I am clearly an underdog. My equity is just around 40%. And there are a lot of players on this limit who are playing quite tight PF. He was one of them...
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I think his range is wider than that, considering it's a steal situation.

I think you can add JJ, TT and maybe AQ
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      BU vs BB is all-in with QQ.
      If he happens to have KK, AA- then though luck, but also if you 3-bet him once or if he is aggressive then he´ll get all-in with JJ, sometimes he also 4-bet bluffs.