Greeting to you all

• Microstorm
      Microstorm
      Bronze
      Just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone...

I've been playing Hold'em off and on for around six months now and really enjoyed the game. Came across PokerStrategy.com on Jan 31st and decided to give it a try.

Really happy to let everyone know (especially the ones that are wondering if this site is for real) that I've read thru the beginner's pages, passed the exam, signed up with FTP (Full Tilt Poker), sent in my scanned ID (lucky me -- got selected by random for an ID check)...and received my $50 start-up capital last night. I now have my $50 available in my FTP account.

My next step is to take a look at the tools in the download section and test things out first. Read some more and hopefully -- start playing by the weekend.

Hopefully, I can improve my game with the help of info from this group as well as all the nice members on the forum.

Also, for all those reading my post that are resided in Hong Kong or China, drop me a line and I can help out if English is a problem -- or you have any questions. I've also started a "Hong Kong" group if anyone is interested as Poker is "just" starting to become a popular trend here...

Good Luck to you all

** Microstorm...
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey there Microstorm and welcome the forum!

Great to see you have already made a group in the community section and are willing to help other members. You will probably find most Chinese players in the Chinese part of our site (http://zh.pokerstrategy.com/forum/) which has also been growing quite nicely.

As for software: depending on what you are planning on playing (Cashgame or SNGs) I can highly recommend either downloading the ICM trainer or the Elephant.

The Elephant will let you track cash games results, and the ICM trainer(s) will get you prepared for SNGs. Also be sure to check out our hand evaluation boards - where you can ask questions about any and all hands you played.

Good luck at the tables, and I hope to see you around!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Microstorm
      Microstorm
      Bronze
      Hello SoyCD:

Greetings...

Yes, I noticed that there're quite a few people in the "Chinese Language" forum and I've already noticed that most of the members are from provinces within China but like myself I can read Chinese but my preferred language is English. There's a large number of English speaking residents in Hong Kong and I'm sure that having such a group can be a good complement.

One quick question -- I am registered in FTP and noticed that there's mixed info regarding using Elephant in FTP and some member's account is currently being blocked and/or canceled. Do you know what the problem is and also if I will get into trouble using Elephant?

I do not intent to datamine but do like the tracking function for hands that I play.

Thanks in advance on your advice

Microstorm
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Microstorm,

If you just use it to track your own played hands and don't datamine there should be no problems. Full Tilt has given the ok that the Elephant is in fact allowed software - and the only thing they take action against is data-mining and perhaps using databases which are not your own.

Best regards
      SoyCD