This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

UFC Fighting / MMA

• mathkid
      mathkid
      Bronze
      Lately I have watched a lot of the UFC fights. A few of my favorite fighters are ' Jon Bones Jones ' and Rory McDonald.

Does anyone else on this site or on this forum watch the UFC or any MMA fights ?
  • 30 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I don’t watch this kind of matches, but maybe you will find some members that like this,

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I do.

Today is a great day, two Finns fighting in London. :)
    • Ninastar1
      Ninastar1
      Basic
      I have never way\thed this type of matches, but I will check it.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      There was a painful moment a few days ago that Former UFC fighter Tim Hague dead at age 34 after boxing knockout. That makes it not a sport I would ever participate in.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Well also football and ice hockey players have died while playing.
      But still, boxing (and any other sport that gives multiple concussions) is dangerous sport in the long run. But some people do dangerous things, and I think that they have right to do so as long as they know the risks.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That’s true, but that has most of the time nothing to do with the sport itself.
      Most of the time there is hart problem that causes the dead of players.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Same applies to combat sports. Pretty much always when there has been death, there has been some medical conditions that have caused the death.

Of course getting multiple concussions is unhealthy. Ice hockey and football (NHL, NFL) have taken a lot of measures to reduce the amounts of concussions. One reason is that in the past they have lied to players that there is no danger in having multiple concussions. Now they are paying for those, so they have $$$ reasons to prevent them. Not necessarily the concern for players health.

Different sports have different dangers. And for most participants, the danger is the thrill to do it. Base jumping is far from safe and healhty sport, yet people love it. American football is far from safe and healthy sport, yet there are thousands of people loving it. Combat sports are far from safe and healthy sport, but people love them too. And MMA is the toughest level.

I think as long as people understand what they are getting into, it's ok and they have the right to accept the risks. Problem is that some doctors actually lie to athletes about the dangers. Or athletes don't listen to doctors. Smart athletes know when they have to pass a fight because they are not healthy. Stupid athletes don't care.

In the previous link it says that the man who died has had a knockout in December, and in 4 of his last MMA fights. There should have been a doctor and protocol to prevent him from fighting until his medical condition is cleared.

Very nice movie about NFL and concussions is Will Smith's Concussion. Sad part is that it's based on true story.
    • SuperChompa
      SuperChompa
      Bronze
      Connor FTW !!! xD
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I don’t think it would be good if doctors lying about the risks of doing a sport.
      Off course it’s sometimes tough to know what the risks of some sports are. Especially with top sport. Cycling can’t be healthy as well to race 3k KM in 3 weeks’ time.
    • kacsa1st
      kacsa1st
      Gold
      this is gonna be intense :f_love: :f_love:

• pokerplayernumber1
      pokerplayernumber1
      Bronze
      Looking forward to that.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That sounds fun if you like this kind of fights.
    • kacsa1st
      kacsa1st
      Gold
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Well done Khabib, best fighter won.... shame about the aftermath though.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Khabib was great in the fight, but what he and his corners did after the fight was insane. And Khabib didn’t understand the difference in smack talking BEFORE the fight and physically attacking non-fighters AFTER the fight.

I liked Khabib before, but after what he did and said there, I wish he gets permanent ban to UFC and that belt is taken from him.

Ban doesn’t do much as he said already before the fight that this is his last fight in UFC.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Khabib was great in the fight, but what he and his corners did after the fight was insane. And Khabib didn’t understand the difference in smack talking BEFORE the fight and physically attacking non-fighters AFTER the fight.

I liked Khabib before, but after what he did and said there, I wish he gets permanent ban to UFC and that belt is taken from him.

Ban doesn’t do much as he said already before the fight that this is his last fight in UFC.
      Yeah, I'm not a huge MMA fan, just kinda followed into because of the media hype surrounding Conor. He's an ass, personally don't like him, his attitude and the general way he goes about things but he didn't deserve the shit that followed the fight.

Khabib was a fool and doesn't deserve the belt or title. He can say that he is human all he wants but there is no excuse for it.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It's important to understand that the trash-talk is part of Connor's strategy. His best weapon is his counter punching. And for it to work, opponent needs to punch him. Preferably a bit too hard, a bit too emotionally. That's why he tries to make opponents angry.

And he is a jerk, that too. :f_drink:
    • kacsa1st
      kacsa1st
      Gold
      I agree with both of u guys!

I like both guy as a fighter but what they were doing outside the octagon is disgusting.
      I mean the bus attack by McGregor and the afterfight situation from Khabib.

Trashtalk what Conor did is just a tool to make a ton of money for him (and for his opponents). I agree that talking shit about others race, religion, family is not fair. But this is what makes so many stupid ppl to watch this fight cos they think about this fight as a war against other races, religion etc... this is shame for sure.

I bet most of the viewers didn t care about mma before this match.

About the fight: Khabib destroyed McGregor so respect for his performance! Thb i lost one BI :)
      I am disappointed i thought this will be a big fight but it was so one sided :(

Fortunately before their fight we could see some really close/big fights :f_love:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Good for him that McGregor lost, but for him next time a new change to mess around with his villain.