where to play ?

• nomar
      nomar
      Bronze
      i am very new in poker and i have tried out http://www.partypoker.net , but i find no sense in this game, because you can get as much money as u want... so, nobody does fold and raises or is going all in !?

Istn there a plattform with a highscore list and "playmoney" where u have to play like its real ?
  • 11 replies
    • t1mmey
      t1mmey
      Bronze
      You might want to read through the beginner's section and do the Quiz after which you will be given 5$ at Pokerstars.com to play with.
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      partypoker.net is not interesting and for sure it is not what we want to play. After some days here everybody starts playing with real money. More to this topic you can read on the mainpage or in the Guide-Board.
      The time you play playmoney you are not interested in winning much playmoney. You get nothin for it, so it is not relevant if you win it or loose it. Thats a good area to learn the Holdem-Rules the first parts of the Starting Hand Chart. More at this topic in Knowlegde Base -> Beginners.
    • tmy
      tmy
      Black
      but be warned.. the first 2-3 limits you ll play on pokerstars are kind of similar to the "no-brain" playing style with playmoney :)
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      tim, when you saw the stars micros the last time? there are 7-9 players on every 2c/4c table who have our SHC. Its not as easy as at the time, when we played that limit.
    • t1mmey
      t1mmey
      Bronze
      The SHC doesn't turn poor players into good players.
    • Leshrak
      Leshrak
      Bronze
      But it gives them an advice to play less crap as normal
    • sholvar
      sholvar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by t1mmey
      The SHC doesn't turn poor players into good players.
      but if you start playing your first hands, you are a godlike player or what? The only Edge a beginner has against the field is his chart. But as i said you will not find a 2c/4c table without ~6 guys, who has a chart too.
    • Stargoose
      Stargoose
      Bronze
    • t1mmey
      t1mmey
      Bronze
      I honestly think that, when i played 2c/4c (which is less then a month ago ;) ), a good postflop play is as important as the SHC. This is one of the things where you can have a great edge to the players who also have the SHC.
    • bahmrockk
      bahmrockk
      Bronze
      Original von sholvar
      tim, when you saw the stars micros the last time? there are 7-9 players on every 2c/4c table who have our SHC. Its not as easy as at the time, when we played that limit.
      same question to you, when did you play em last ?? Some friends of mine are still in em and they dont cry very loud ... just about suckouts and stupidity ^^

bye bye,
      georg
    • Kugelfang
      Kugelfang
      Bronze
      i still remember time when there were ~2-3 people from this board at pokerstars, thus the people cried about them lucking the rivers with poor hand

now with 6 not bad as hell playing people who use a shc (1-3 fishes per table are enough to earn winnings) they cry about to less bad players

just my point of view about some threads ;)